• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone use this

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's my understanding aquafortis is best for bring out curly maple figuring, but I've never used it, so my belief is strictly second hand.

LMF walnut with ebony LMF toner added. Picture is with just the stain and no finish. The oil finish should bring out the curl more. Second photo is LMF walnut only.

Attachments

• 20230720_105647.jpg
    20230720_105647.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20211113_093630_HDR.jpg
    20211113_093630_HDR.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
The toner is black. I added to the walnut. Hope it's not to dark. Edited the post, so you may want to check it out.

Ok I thought it was fine. Ok I looked. Are both pics same gun. I like the right one.I like the left too. When you add the oil finish won't it bring out some of the black and make it lighter? I likem both. If those are the same gun how did you get it lighter?

KmcMichael, I think I used that once. What I had was beads. You add water mix well rub on stove. Next morning it was black. Took alot of boiled linseed oil and rubbing but it ended up nice. By the way I love the looks of that stock.

Back