• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone aver biught from this canadian (Ontario) company?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found a link on Google to this company but eventhough the URL begins by https my antivirus tells me it closed a window becaused it contained a trojan virus.

The name of the company is historicaltwiststore dot com. I was searching for an affordable french Model 1728 musket of a pre 1760 fusil de chasse. Some times, I can get on that page with no problem as long as I write all of the address and not anything from 'main_page" or shorter or else like I said, I get that virus warning.

Anyone else had this problem or even bought from them just to be sure it is not a scam?

One word to the wise. Don't ever expect to buy anything from Canada, return it and get your $$$ back.
Speaking from experience, bought some parts for my Pellet Stove. didn't fit like I would have liked, sent it back (on my dime) and got tagged with the VAT Tax (Value Added Tax) and with no way to fight it, ended up losing about half the $$$ I paid in the first placed so, BE WARE!!
In the long run, the part that I first paid about $125.00 for and didn't fit that I returned ended up costing me about $200.00 + shipping. Lesson learned. :mad:

One word to the wise. Don't ever expect to buy anything from Canada, return it and get your $$$ back.
Speaking from experience, bought some parts for my Pellet Stove. didn't fit like I would have liked, sent it back (on my dime) and got tagged with the VAT Tax (Value Added Tax) and with no way to fight it, ended up losing about half the $$$ I paid in the first placed so, BE WARE!!
In the long run, the part that I first paid about $125.00 for and didn't fit that I returned ended up costing me about $200.00 + shipping. Lesson learned. :mad:
This is very true and worse in States like Calif who have strict regulations on most products especially woodstoves. One guy in Sacramento bought a high end Norwegian stove from Canada which turned into a several thousand dollar nightmare. Every level of gov from city to state got involved including trucking company.

And CUSTOMS in Canada can be :eek::eek::eek:.
Sister married a Canadian with LOTS of $$$$ so they traveled a LOT.
Tried shipping a silk blouse back to Canada for a friend from Oz.
NEVER GOT THERE. Got held up in Customs and that was the last thing anybody ever heard about it.
Was trying to get an item sold in Canada but NOT shipped to the U.S.
Advertised as available in Canada but NOT shipped to the States?? :doh:
And you would think it was a nucellar device or a bomb of some kind. :rolleyes:

Just a piece of plastic that goes into my new rain gutters so when a ladder is leaned against them, thev won't get caved in. Saw it for about $35.00 but the cost doesn't mean squat if you can't get it shipped.
Got a kid in Minnesota and figured maybe she could make a road trip into Canada, pick one up, bring it home and ship it to me.
Had one in MY CART but at the end, was notified that it was NOT SHIPPED into the States.
Figured maybe someone in Canada could buy one and ship it to me? (for a fee) ;)

Last edited:
Its hard enough buying (and actually getting) stuff here. With their unstable govt we, like many, have wisely suspended all business with CANADA and any other foreign nation.

Last edited:
Yet 75$ cheaper. But the big question is: is it for real or is it scam?"
There is a guy, who for may years, has been scamming the reenacting community. He takes an existing business and changes a few things with their web site and name, then posts the items as his own. Of course then don't exist. And everything is close enough to the real site where it can easily be mistaken by a new person for the real thing. Not saying this is the case here, but as "they" say, buyer beware!

I made a pair of buckskin pants for one of our northern neighbors, it took almost 3 weeks to get there and cost twice as much as the lower 48. Jokingly I asked if they use dog sleds to deliver the mail he told me dog sleds would be faster.... :dunno:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back