• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Adding a bridle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awreis

36 Cl.
Reaction score
How difficult, if possible, would it be to add a bridle to this lock? It's a CVA lock if that helps? I know a bridle was made for CVA locks but didn't know if it fit only certain models.

Attachments

• 20240107_170920.jpg
    20240107_170920.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 9
I just added an older CVA bridle to my Traditions lock. CVA did make a bridle on later models. My tumbler was like the one in Phil's picture and has the center support lug. As far as the CVA bridle, I had to drill the support hole for the lug larger to 5mm , open up the recesses for the screw heads, and drill and tap a M3x0.5 hole in the lock plate. If you get a newer Traditions bridle and tumbler (Log Cabin Shop has them) it should drop right in, and the threaded hole and screws is all that's needed.

I can tell you this, it was a night and day differences in how smooth and easier the hammer felt when pulled to full cock. It also improved the trigger pull by a pound and gave it a crisp let off. Best thing I ever did to that rifle, and the lock should last much longer now.

Here's a stock photo from the inter webs of the CVA/Traditions bridle and how it fits, for reference.
38745-683b6ff00124abc7c5a60f879737b218.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

Last edited:
Back