• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A handful of nuts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A friend, 89 yrs old, has raised these for decades. He gave me this handful to plant next yr.
52BB83F0-0915-48A3-97AB-B6E162A6C353.jpeg

Would take a sizable nut sack to haul those suckers around.

And since we're showing off our nuts.

Bought five pounds several years ago to make salted hot boiled peanuts.

Thanks for the reminder.

Attachments

• IMG_3668.JPG
    IMG_3668.JPG
    833.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
They are Virginia peanuts, raised in Northeastern North Carolina and Southeastern Virginia...

The smaller, Spanish peanuts are raised in Southern Georgia and in the Panhandle of Oklahoma...

Talking about nuts. I think I finally figured out why the deer leave my woods in early October(4to6 deer). Walnuts. They start falling then and make a lot of noise. Falling 20 to 40 plus feet through leaves and limbs then smacking the ground. Some the size of baseballs. I have fear of getting hit by them . Never thought much about it cause I knew what was happening. Guess the deer don't. Only thing is I don't know where they go. My woods is surrounded by hundreds of acres of flat farm land nearest large woods is over a mile away. They sometimes come back mid November, but only one or two. So far always come back mid March.

Talking about nuts. I think I finally figured out why the deer leave my woods in early October(4to6 deer). Walnuts. They start falling then and make a lot of noise. Falling 20 to 40 plus feet through leaves and limbs then smacking the ground. Some the size of baseballs. I have fear of getting hit by them . Never thought much about it cause I knew what was happening. Guess the deer don't. Only thing is I don't know where they go. My woods is surrounded by hundreds of acres of flat farm land nearest large woods is over a mile away. They sometimes come back mid November, but only one or two. So far always come back mid March.
They switch from grazers to browsers in the winter months. Survival thing.

Restless due to the impending rutting moon? Deer behavior can get erratic during the rutt. Had a buck break one of my headlights with an antler in November a few years back.

Back