• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

DP double.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got to take a few English wood pigeons today.

stml002.jpg

Brits. :thumbsup:

Britsmoothy, you are making me jealous. Brings back memories of when I used to shoot my BP double percussion on some great dove hunts, a long time ago.

Are your woods pigeons more like our mourning doves or the regular pigeons, rock doves?

I'd like to emphasize something I believe I've pointed out to you before. You are having more fun than is allowed one person. :haha:

Spence

George said:
Britsmoothy, you are making me jealous. Brings back memories of when I used to shoot my BP double percussion on some great dove hunts, a long time ago.

Are your woods pigeons more like our mourning doves or the regular pigeons, rock doves?

I'd like to emphasize something I believe I've pointed out to you before. You are having more fun than is allowed one person. :haha:

Spence

Not sure Spence, I understand your doves are smaller.
Some reading;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Wood_Pigeon

B.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems doves are quite a bit smaller. Your woods pigeon is very similar to our domestic pigeon in size, I guess.

Looks like a lot of shotgunning fun.

Spence

good stuff :hatsoff:

great looking gun dog too :thumbsup:

CHEERS!

I am jealous! Dove season is Ohio is just a very few weeks away. I am really looking forward to it. It is way to much fun! Good shooting along with good times.

Back