• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi. New girl on the forums.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in a little back water town called Addy.

The town is on 395 between Chewela and Colville. Tiny place. My place is about 10 miles into the woods off the hiway. Only one neighbor. Him and his son are hunters and fishermen so they don't mind me shooting. They have a skeet shooting machine they fire up on occasion and the lot of them shoot skeet for the afternoon. I have been trying to get the neighbor guy to try out BP. They always use modern firearms but I think I am wearing him down. The boy took a nice buck from my back yard last year. I still have a few packages of that deer in my freezer. :) They are ussing high powered rifles with scopes. Which to my mind is just plain over kill. The farthest shot you could make around here if you placed youself strategicaly would be about 100 yards. Maybe 200-300 yards in one place up by the lake but even why hunt such a long shot when the deer are pretty much every where here. Most places I would take up a position in would have a maximum of 75-80 yards and if you are smart and wait for them to come to you getting a 50 yard or closser shot is a gimme.
All I would have to do would be wait till the evening and open up my bedroom door and watch the game trail. Eventually they will walk right in front of the target I have been shooting for a few years from the doorway of my bedroom. 37 paces.
Last year we had a buck that would come into my front yard and eat the clover. He was to young to take last year. I am hopeing he will take up last years habits and come around again. He showed up late summer last year and took off this spring somewhere.

Back