• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cherokee barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boker

40 Cal.
Reaction score
i been looking for a 32 or 36 cherokee barrel for some time with no luck, but i did find a 45 cal barrel that was in better shape than mine, heres my question .could some one build me a barrel useing the parts off the old 45 cal barrel ? how much would that cost and who could do it ??

Boker,
Might cost you less to have your .45 drilled out and lined with a .36 barrel liner.
Mark

The last liner I bought was $5.00 /inch just for the liner. Cherokee barrels are approximately 24 iunches.So you are looking at $120 plus shipping for a liner before you have it installed. :idunno: :idunno:

IF, you find a blank your looking at;
Breech plug and Install,
Under rail install,
Thimbles,
Dovetail front sight.
Drill/tap for Rear sights,
Dovetail for Under lug,

200 too possibly over 250 for labor alone.
That's + the cost of barrel and shipping two ways, :idunno:

Do u know any one that could do that . Been wanting a squirrel gun for a long time , I would just buy a whole gun for the right price ,but I really like the feel of the Cherokee ,I wouldn't mind buying for a good barrel

If you want a barrel yes they can use your parts and I'd call Track of the Wolf, but also look at Cains outdoors or maybe Log cabin. Some have made good post about Ed Rayl out is W.V. he might be a good source for this project. Roundball is one of the fellers who has had him do work for him.

boker said:
Do u know any one that could do that . Been wanting a squirrel gun for a long time , I would just buy a whole gun for the right price ,but I really like the feel of the Cherokee ,I wouldn't mind buying for a good barrel

I have a .32 Dixie kit from the 70s that you can have for cheap. It is breached, but missing all the small hardware such as underlugs and sights. I would probably sell it for the price of a .32 barrel. :v

if ya'd be interested in a 36cal seneca barrel(seneca & cherokee basically the same. there would be about a 1inch gap between end of fore-arm & underrib on barrel) or a complete renegade with a 36cal new/old stock green mountain barrel give me a holler by private topic for more details & price.

Had a Seneca in .36 and an extra TC .32 barrel. Did not exactly find either accurate. Track sold a breech plug that could be used to fit a GR barrel to the Seneca. Had a .40 caliber GM fitted using a new rib etc. It involved some gunsmithing by John Anderson of Tullahoma, TN. It's a neat little match rifle.

Back