• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buckskinner Magazine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never had a problem with SB answering my e-mail or getting him on the phone if needed .

I truly believe that he has run into a snag and is doing his best to fix the problem .
Now to me I would Ruther he spend his time getting things going then time answering to those here and elsewhere. Can you imagine the amount of e-mail he is getting ?

Buckskinner is a new endeavor and as with all new things that every person here has done sometimes you hit a problem that nocks you back to square one .
SB has posted a reply on the buckskinner page as to whats going on and why .

I have a 3 year sub to his read and for right now I plan on sitting back and letting the man do his work
I believe there to be other snakes in the grass to be a wear of at this time :hmm:

I too, am willing to give Buckskinner the benefit of the doubt.

I think that all is being done that can be done by S.B. I hope that He's able to correct the set-backs and continue the Mag.The issue that was sent,is well done and informative,good articles.I will set back and wait!It's hard to think that someone would go to the effort of setting up a ruse,just to skin a few folks out of a few dollars. Hang -in there S.B.and let us know if We can help with the problems.

[/quote]I too, am willing to give Buckskinner the benefit of the doubt. [/quote]

I agree with you, Claude and Captchee. Give him some time to get the bugs out. I believe he will do right by us.

I have never had a problem with SB answering my e-mail or getting him on the phone if needed .

I truly believe that he has run into a snag and is doing his best to fix the problem .

Now to me I would Ruther he spend his time getting things going then time answering to those here and elsewhere. Can you imagine the amount of e-mail he is getting ?

As stated- the info has been posted at the Buckskinner website, and in various threads here. Also, all those hours spent answering repeated emails isn't getting the legwork done to get the issues out either.

As to the lack of time spent by the publisher on the forum... no offense meant to Claude's fine work, but this durn place is addictive as all getout, and I find it difficult to just stop in for a quick read, and I'm so new at this I still got a plastic buttplate on my rifle. I gotta budget at least an hour whenever I sit at the forum. I imagine for anyone with lots of experience and knowledge to pass along, or to even comment on 10% of the new threads going- that's a considerable time away from the legwork side of things.

I'm about as frugal (cheap) as they get... and a cynical old curmudgeon besides, and I'm willing to bide my time and see how things play out over a longer course of time.

Just :m2c:
vic

Well Folks, I for one plan to stand by and wait. I haven't known Chris all that long, but in the short time I've known him, he comes across as a man of honor. If he says it's coming, I take the man at his word. Everyone hits a brick wall now and again, this is one he's trying to get around, over or through. We've all been there a time or two, where we couldn't deliver something one time, no matter how hard we tried. Give him a chance, you'll get the best 'skinner magazine available. :m2c:

I don't think Stumblin Buffler is out to rook nobody. He has hit a snag and should take the time to iron it out permanently. In the meantime we'll just have to 'ride the river' with him. I have faith in him and think he'll make us happy campers when this is over. :m2c:

I was looking at the Buckskinner web site and down loaded the first issue. Now I can see why everyone is so upset. That is a nice magazine. :thumbsup:
I'm shore Chris(S.B.) will come thru. Maybe he is as upset about this as some of you are and that is why he is not here.
Lehigh..

I don't think Stumblin Buffler is out to rook nobody. He has hit a snag and should take the time to iron it out permanently. In the meantime we'll just have to 'ride the river' with him. I have faith in him and think he'll make us happy campers when this is over.

I agree. I've been in the same position myself. Sometimes things are just out of your control. I'm confident that we will all get our "money's worth" in the end.

Let's face it, Chris has a lot riding on the new magazine business and has a lot more at stake than our small subscription fee. I'm willing to stick by him for what little I'm risking.

Chris is a good friend of mine, tho I have not spoken with him for a few weeks now. I don't know any more at this time than you guys do, but I am sure that he is diligently working on getting the overdue issue out to everyone, as well as the current one. He is adding an issue to everyones subscription to try to make ammends for this problem, which is not of his doing. This,I am sure, is going to cost him a lot, but he must think it is worth it in the long run, to keep everyone happy and coming back for more. If I hear from him and he has anything new to add I will post to let everyone know. If you check his website, www.buckskinnermagazine.com , he periodically updates to let everyone know he has not forgotten about you. I, as I am sure all of you also, wish him a lot of luck getting his problems ironed out soon. The issues that have made it out are fantastic, and it will be worth the wait for the ones now due. :m2c:

so in other words: "Patience, jackass, patience."

(There's a little story that goes with that)

so in other words: "Patience, jackass, patience."

yes please. remember, for all of us it is only a $25 or so investment, for him it is his livelyhood. he has much more at risk and obviously wants it to work. :m2c:

I received an email from S.B. today and he said he was working hard to get the June issue out early but he didn't say anything about the Oct-Nov, Dec-Jan, Feb-Mar, Apr-May
issues that I never received. Guess I should have more patiece.

I received an email from S.B. today and he said he was working hard to get the June issue out early but he didn't say anything about the Oct-Nov, Dec-Jan, Feb-Mar, Apr-May

Your subscription is four issues delinquent?
:shocking:

Please don't accuse me of not being "patient", but that seems more than beyond patient.

What reason have you gotten for for all of the past due issues?

Problem with the printer?

:hmm:

I ain't going to rehash all thats been said. All i have to say is that i trust Chris to do what's right. I have known him for a spell now, camped with him and ate at his fire. I've spent lot's of time hunting side by side with the man. I'm sure that he'll do right by all of us.
pieman

--------------------
As this is a new mag. That only has two or three issues total, I don't think you can miss getting issues that never were.
Old Charlie

As this is a new mag. That only has two or three issues total, I don't think you can miss getting issues that never were.
Old Charlie

That's how I look at it. We are not out any more money because the previous issues didn't ship.

We'll still get our full subscription, it's just starting a little later than expected. :winking:

Hey Guys, I know I've been incommunicado for a while, but that's mainly due to the fact that I have been busting my hump trying to get this whole thing straightened out. As I posted on the Buckskinner website some time ago, we're going to put out the April and June issues together and I am trying to get June out early. I suppose that I should I have posted that in here as well, as more people check here than look at our site!!!

No, I'm not out to rook anybody, and I'm certainly not out to take anyone's money and run. If you feel that way even a little bit, please email me and I'll refund your money.

In the mean time, I want everyone to know that I am working my butt off trying to produce the best magazine possible and give everyone more than their money's worth. If I'm unavailable at times, it's usually around the weekends when I am out on the road trying to promote the magazine and black powder shooting and primitive living.

I understand everyone's concerns and will continue to produce Buckskinner and make it the finest publication available to our Family of vous'ers and skinners.

Back issues: October will get done when we get the rest of this caught up. Anyone who didn't receive other back issues, it's probably because you subscribed right about the time that we were planning to ship the April issue and would have sent the prior issues along with it...you may have noticed that April is late...anyway, no one got lost in the mix, it was a shipping thing.

In the mean time, if you have questions, please feel free to PM me here, or email me at the office.

Thanks for your time, patience and support, I won't let you down.

Stumblin

Son! We was growin concerned. Glad yer' still under yer topknot and takin nourishment.

You bit off a big chunk and, so far, the quailty has been finest kind . . . then as got through. Now you know why a lot of start-ups go with a quarterly for the first few years. :crackup:

Thanks for respondin. Still behind you (but standin on yer sash ::).

Back