• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone here Jug Choked a Canoe gun?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizamo

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Yup, I thinkin of Jug Choking my 24" smooth rifle Canoe gun.

Bet she'll pattern almost as nice as Pinocchio barrel length... :hmm:

Giz

Only way to know is get er done. :thumbsup: Id kinda like to know myself. My 30 inch shoots great

I had a T/C 12 bore New Englander grouse gun (28" bbl.) jug choked and that worked well. Went from about 40% to 55% at 30 yards.

Don't know what a canoe gun is but what you hunt is your business. ;-)

That is a impressive improvement. I'd be really pleased to get that kind of result. Did your roundball accuracy stay the same?...

Giz

I sent my 28" SXS 12 ga. shotgun barrels off to Mike Orlen for jug choking and am very pleased with the pattern improvements. The original cylinder chokes gave around 30-40% patchy patterns at 25 yards no matter what loading methods I tried; and now the patterns go from 60% to 80% even patterns at that distance depending on the loading. I think this will be around an improved cylinder/modified at the standard 40 yards these things are usually measured. For me this will be much more useful then the cylinder chokes were :stir: . Some shooters here report much better results with their cylinder choked guns but I could not get useful results before the jug choking. I think the chances are good that you would be pleased with the improvement that jug choking could offer.

Back