• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lead shot price

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid $42 for a 25# bag of 7 1/2 and I can find caps for about $5 per 100. When I complained about the price of the shot my wonderful bride said to get it now because it's only gonna go higher. Who am I to argue? :surrender:

Gentlemen, don't complain...

I know it's going up each year and the trend will most probably continue - some get lucky to find some second hand stuff and others luck out in a remote shop. Good for you. :thumbsup:

You know I just started with the whole fun.
In anticipation of my smoothie and to reload some shells with BP I bought a 5kg bag of #7 shot (about 11 pounds) last week. It cost me 28 Euro which is currently something about $37.

Any questions?

I'll definitely need to find a better source!

Good shooting Silex

Whereabouts are you in Baveria?
I spent 2 1/2 years in Bayreuth Germany.
Sure do miss their beer.

Vearl, try Gene Sears store in El Reno. They focus on shotgun sports and usually have SG related things when no one else does. During the shot famine a few years ago, they were the only ones in the OKC area to have shot.
http://www.genesears.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Vearl,

not so far off from Bayreuth.
I live about 18 miles east of Nuremberg.

It's funny I hear the beer thing a lot :thumbsup:
Usually I bring some samples for friends whenever I go to the U.S.

Silex

Yes shot is too high! However you need to go to your local trap or skeet range and talk to the shooters there and find out where they are getting their shot. Our gun club is selling it for $37.50 per bag. You can find it cheaper than what you found it for. Trust me, the trap and skeet shooters in your area know the cheapest place to get it.

Good idea.
Never thought of going that route.
Getting older does have drawbacks.
Thanks again for that info :doh:

Thank you, that is indeed a very good idea.
I will see what they say. So far I know of clubs buying ammunition in bulk but hey it never occurred to me they might buy shot, too.

Thank you again,
Silex

Vearl said:
Good idea.
Never thought of going that route.
Getting older does have drawbacks.
Thanks again for that info :doh:

Not getting older has some drawbacks as well. :grin:

Latest posts

Back