• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hours?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaino

Cannon
Reaction score
Just wondering what some of you think the hours would be for making and inletting this Pbox? No engraving or release mechanism. So far it looks like 31 hrs for me, but I'm not doing this for a living. Presently have the 2nd one just about finished. Used 1/16" brass sheet.....Fred

Lanc4PBOXC.jpg

That's a great box Fred. I work faster then most humans so I figure 15 to 20 hours. I know I do charge a bunch of money for a 4 piece box like that, just so I don't have to make them! :haha:

When building a Lancaster LR, I have a difficult time finding a Pbox design other than a
"Daisy Head". By the way, Mike...this Pbox design was originally by John Brooks of Lancaster....any relation? Also, the engraving was done by my friend Tim Adlam...I don't engrave and at my age, it's too late to learn. Was just interested in the hours that it would take other makers.To all... thanks for the kind words....Fred

John begat Cecil who begat Mike :grin:
That oughta get those who are intrested looking at Ancestory dot com. :rotf:

The Brooks side of my family has never been studied. How ever, mother's side has a book published that must weight 50 lbs. Swed landed in Delaware in 1642 and we went on from there. In KY for the bloody 7's and served with G.R. Clark in the rev war.

bogie said:
John begat Cecil who begat Mike :grin:
That oughta get those who are intrested looking at Ancestory dot com. :rotf:
Don't forget cousin Jack.....my ex wife grew up on the same block as Jack did....small world... :shocked2:

bogie said:
Does she have good stories about him Mike?????
Got TONS of great storys all involving the period we're interested. I'll have to get the book back from my aunt and share some. :thumbsup:

hours don't count when your making it for love~ :hmm:
i would be happy IF I was a billionare....just would have a nicer little shop, and make one after another.....just me and ol tomcat~

and a Paris Hilton calender.... :youcrazy:

Back