• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Nebraska

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roger fisher

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all, I stumbled acrosss this site and really enjoyed it. I have alot to learn from you fellers . I enjoy shooting round ball, deer hunting sewing and beadwork. I appreaciate you letting me be part of your forum.

I am from Grand island , Born and raised. Have you ever been down here for the Red White and Blue rondezvous on Memorial day weekend ? If so that is my club who sponsers that.I see your from South Dakota. Thats probly the most beautiful state in the country as far as I,M cocerneed. Maby its the history , I dont know but I love it up there!

in my younger years me and my dad used to go to red white and blue, a.k.a. red white and muddy :grin:. it just had to rain every time we went.
anyway welcome aboard.

Its also called the mud yuck and goo ! Wasnt too wet last year but attendance was down. I'll be range officer this year ,say hi if you make it down !

Sad to say ,i have not. I am in grand island and so its a pretty good drive out there but that being said it is on my list of places to go things to see. I hear its fantastic !

Hello fellow Husker! I am in the panhandle of NE. If you ever in this area look me up. There will be a spot at the campfire for you!

Welcome, pull up a log a sit a spell. I am originally, from a small town abut 50 miles from Grand Island, called North loup!
I was born in Loup City. My folks owned a farm out in Valley County, before they sold it and moved into town,(North Loup).
I had two sisters that both lived in Grand Island back when Vietnam War was on one of them worked in the bomb plant that used to be in Grand Island. Boy I remember that. Miles and miles of train tracks sitting with rail cars full of bombs ready to be shipped out!
I miss it sometimes up there it was a much more laid back lifestyle! I still got a niece that lives in Greely!
Thanks for a trip down memory lane this morning! Welcome to the forum.

fisher 71.... My hubby (who is originally from South Dakota) and I made it to the 2009 Kan-Neb Rendezvous held in Cairo ... the year that super strong winds and a bit of blizzard like conditions took down a number of tents.

That was only my second Rendezvous... What a fantastic time we had!!!!!!! :wink: Found out I needed a Capote! :haha:

Welcome to the Forum... enjoy your time here and share all you can.

Suz

Glad to hear so many off you have Nebraska ties, Some even know where Grand island is ! I think I remember you from that shoot. I might have sold you some beads ? Thanks for all the hospitality you all have shown this new kid on the block !

Welcome fisher71. Flashpanner, I see you're from the Panhandle. I write a cooking column for the Mitchell Index. I grew up in Torrington, WY and have a lot of friends in the Sheep Creek area. I love that part of the world and it's nice to see folks from around there.

Not really the panhandle , more or less central nebraska. Although I will say our panhandle is some of the most beautiful country on earth!

Back