• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Panther Mini Wall or wedge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustyh

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Getting ready to buy first tent and am torn between the Mini Wall and the Monster Wedge models. It would normally just be me using it but my wife may decide to join me (at least once). I know I would loose a little floor space with the mini wall. But I was thinking I could get a cot close to the wall and with the wedge the cot would be have to be set away from the side by at least a foot and I would loose that space for storage anyway. Has anyone used the mini wall? How would you compare a wall to a wedge?

I use a 10/10 wedge with cot.
When by self I have all the room I need and more.
If my wife comes tow cots on problem with room,
lots of room under cots and in tent.

Hope that helps

One of the other things you might want to think about is how easy the tent will be to put up. If you will often travel alone and need to put up the tent alone, I've found that a wedge is a lot easier than to do alone than a wall tent, even a mini wall. Both are doable, but wall tents can be a pain to put up alone, especially if there's any wind...

Wall tents definitely have better storage. Wedge is easier to put up and (in my experience, anyway) holds up better in severe weather.

I have a mini wall,,and a big wedge..if I only had one it'd be miniwall...jus more room an measure wise the wedge is bigger,,but the mini is roomier,,an only takes a bit longer to set the sides, but i think well worth it...

I have a combination A frame (wedge) and wall tent that I use as company cook. I set that system up most times by myself and its not as much of a chore setting up the A frame as it is with the wall. So I'd advise go with the A frame as it is quicker and easier to set up singlehanded.

You're in Texas and I'm in Florida. I'm torn between the two styles- more room in a wall tent for sure but harder for one guy to put up and maybe it doesn't shed rain as well. I'm mostly for a cot because I hate a floor in a tent and I live in snake heaven and a cot is sort of a sissy way to get a soundnight's sleep. I had a rabbit crawl up my back one time while sleeping on bare ground under a tarp lean-to. And the chiggers turn you to hamburger when you sleep on the ground. Let me know how it works out for you.

not sure..but mine are 7'+ high.. if your ceiling is higher,,bigger pain to set up..i can walk right down an stand it up..either one..

I like having a cot also since there are snakes and other critters here in Texas also. Had a big possum crawl across my chest once when I was out under the stars needless to say I didn't sleep very much the rest of the night. :shocked2:

I use to do campain style camping but 33 years of active military sleeping any where you can has got me to the point of where I use a cot for a good nights sleep and my A is 7x9x9 and 2 people with cots fit well and 1 person can set it up.

Well pulled the trigger and ordered a Mini Wall tent from Panther Primatives got the sod flap, ground cloth and poles. Should be here an about a month.

You won't be sorry . I have had and used a panther mini wall for about 15 years. and never had any problems with it. I have had the fly leave camp, but have since learned about storm lines over the fly. The tent never went down or even lost a corner. It did leak once , but it came in from the bottom. Went in one end and out the other, about 2 inches. That rain left the tent nice and clean though. Most everything I got wet went into my neighbors tent. The water went in with my stuff and stayed in his tent. We looked like a gypsy camp that weekend with everybody's clothes and stuff drying in trees.

The mini wall is 8'w x 10'l x 7'h the sides are 30" tall compared to about 4' on a standard wall tent and only uses 3 poles to set up.

same as mine, cept my walls is shorter 2',,I use single poles on the sides,tied off,,works great! GOOD LUCK! :thumbsup:

Well got my Mini Wall in today, that was alot faster than they said it would take (ordered on 2/20). Unfortunatly it is supposed to be raining all weekend so I'll have to wait to set it up.

Set it up and let it get rained on! That will start the process of tightening up the weave of the canvas making it more waterproof (not that it isn't now). Plus, it'll likely shrink up slightly so you can get measurements for poles.

Latest posts

Back