• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Patriot Pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisHarris

Sharp Shooter
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0736.jpg

Both of these are .45 cal. I bought the one on top with an extra .36 barrel a couple weeks ago. Bought the one on the bottom last week on gunbroker. Top one has a much prettier stock, but it's cracked near the lock screw. Bottom one isn't cracked anywhere.

I will probably end up putting the .36 barrel on the top one and use it for target shooting since it's so pretty.

The bottom one will be my back-up hunting gun for deer season, since that one has a plain Jane stock.

I have a pair of them also. One for each hand. Great shooters! :thumbsup:

I noticed the wedge on the bottom pistol looks like it might be pushed in from the other side of the stock. I push mine in from the lock side. The wedge is marked on the top side. That helps me to keep it in the same position on assembly after cleaning. Easier for me to keep consistent.

Nice pistols. Regarding the cracked stock, they have a history of stocks cracking just as you described, design flaw I'm told so go easy on the .45 hunting loads or the other one will eventually crack.

Nice. :thumbsup:
About what are those Patriot pistols going for these days? If you don't mind my asking.

Too darn much. :redface:

I paid $450 for the one on top with an extra unfired .36 barrel to go with it. Stock has a hairline crack between the lock screw and the barrel... on the left side. The wood on that one is BEAUTIFUL.

I paid $365 for the one on the bottom. No crack, but the wood is not as pretty.

get these glass bedded in the tang/breach area a.s.a.p. to keep them from any cracking.
just a heads up, I have repaired 5 of these. great shooting pistols.
I used 20 grn. 3 f, .445 rnd ball .015 patch. :v

Always thought the Patriot was a great looking pistol...bought one myself once from an estate sale that looked brand new.
Was very disappointed to find that the firing trigger was actually the rear trigger and with paul bunyon hands, it was too small, didn't feel right. Polished it all up, put it right back in the box and resold it without ever firing it.

If it was made with a front firing trigger and in a Flintlock, no question I'd have one...

Back