• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TVM Virgina Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gorgeous rifle, congratulations. TVM's Virginia is a very popular gun; I had one until I had to sell it. Interesting patchbox. Matt hand carves each one from a blank. Most accurate off-hand rifle I have yet fired. When did you put your order in; i put my EL order in last May but haven't got the good news at this time.

Hanshi,

When I called TVM yesterday to thank them Rob told me Matt and Toni had just loaded all there gear in a truck and were moving their operation to Nanchaz.

That is about 350 miles from their current location. I was really surprised. They will be building rifles at their new location going forward.

My rifle showed up without me knowing it was coming. As a matter of fact UPS just left it at the front door and drove away.

As far as the patch box it was something I saw on a web page and liked the look. Hershal House design from Waterbury Kentucky.Hopefully you will see your Early Lancaster soon. My EV is everything I had hoped for and more.

I dropped dead while marching in a parade last July. EMT's were just a few feet away. They tried CPR for 2.5 minutes and then had to use defibrillator to bring me back. 500,000 people die each year from what happened to me. God was not ready for me.

My whole perspective about life has changed. I enjoy every minute I can with my family the activities I love. Muzzleloading is top on my list.

God Bless
Charlie
aka vietnam71

vietnam71, I share your philosophy on life, live each day and each moment. I'm happy there was not a ticket for you to leave. There's much more for you to do around here, I have no doubt.

Maybe it won't be much longer until mine arrives. Did you even receive a call or email that it was being finished and that it would be shipped soon? I love those TVM Va rifles. I only let mine go because of no longer being able to shoulder the long rifle. My EL will be shorter/lighter.

There was no phone call or email. I suspect that due to TVM relocating things were a little hectic. The wooden box had no damage and the cardboard box inside was well packed.

The rifle itself was wrapped in several layers of bubble wrap. There was also styrofoam and shredded paper packed around the rifle.

Matt & Toni are top notch very pleasant to work with. Richard and Rob helped me with any changes I requested.

I'm busy the next few weekends. I can't wait for my first trip to the range.

Good Luck

vietnam71 said:
Matt & Toni are top notch very pleasant to work with. Richard and Rob helped me with any changes I requested.

Agree, and its good to see a privately run business grow and be successful like they have without ever getting the 'big head', never an attitude, never forget who the customer is, etc.
They run it like a business should be run, everything is agreed upon / documented before hand, and change requests are handled the same way...you get exactly what you specified, and if not they scramble all over themselves making it right.

If I have to risk having something built sight unseen by some stranger halfway across the country, that's exactly the kind of operation I want...once I had the first build experience with TVM, the follow-on build decisions were no-brainers.
Let us know how she does at the range...

RB,

I named her Liberty..

I have a bronze statue on my desk of a Minute Man titled the Patriot. He is holding a flintlock and a banner titled Liberty. It has been a favorite of mine for many years.

I'll probably have Liberty engraved on the side plate.

My wife told me it needs to hang in a place of Honor.

:hmm: Maybe mine will be arriving soon.

They are fine people and I've talked with them all on many occasions, sometimes just to talk. you're going to really enjoy that Va rifle.

100_2142.jpg

range report:

Rice 38inch .54 cal swamped barrel
60 Grn GOEX 3F
4F Primer
Tom Fuller 3/4 x 7/8 English Flint
Hornady .530 RB
Pillow ticking
Hoppes #9 PLUS Lube
Swabbed after every third shot

1st Shot Flinch
No adjustment to sight figure I will wait until I put more PB thru her.

The deer in your neck of the woods are in serious trouble...they just don't know it yet.
:thumbsup:

At least they'll get a breather before you take to the woods. After that, they'd better hide real good from your TVM. :surrender:

yeeeHawww shame on BillyBuck and DollyDoe this fall :thumbsup: ,Hope my 58 does as well when I can get around to shooting her

Range session #2. March 4th 2012
Indoor heated 25 Yard Range
10 Shots Fired

Goex 3F 75grn
TOW Mink Oil Lube
.18 Pillow Ticking
.535 Hornady RB
swabbed after each 2 shots alcohol patch then dry patch.

I plan on 10 trips to the range before making any changes to the sights.

100_2144.jpg

All recommendations accepted and appreciated!

Charlie

Looking good. Are you going to try Goex 2F?? I don't think I have ever shot indoors. That blackpowder smoke must get heavy. How do they keep it heated and deal with the smoke??

58 Caliber,

We have an air exchanger in the range. You turn it on an it sucks the smokey air out of the range. It has a filter system as well.

Probably going to try Goex 2F next trip.

Hello Charlie. Congratulations on getting that beautiful EV. That is as fine looking a rifle as I have seen for quite a while. I'm wanting to get some parts and try my hand at putting together a North Carolina sometime this summer, but every time I see a good looking Virgina it strongly tempts me. I doubt that my efforts will look as good as this one. Enjoy and God bless! - John

Hungry Hunter,

Welcome Home!

Navy Vietnam 1971, 72, 73, 74, 75 after passing through DaNang spent a lot of time on The USS Coral Sea CVA-43.

Look up the Mayaguez Incident May 14th 1975. We helped recover 2BN 9th Marines off KohTang Island Cambodia. Interesting read.

US Army 1982 - 1996

Thank you for your military service
Charlie

John,

TVM makes an outstanding rifle. I've thought about building but feel I would not do a gun justice. :)

The muzzleloading bug has bitten me bad. I'm starting to make my own Roundball and I buy pillow ticking and cut my own patches.

Take care and God Bless
Charlie

Back