• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Scrap Wood Loading Stand

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pr.piburn

36 Cal.
Reaction score
A friend of ours needed a loading stand for the
new pistol he just bought. The wife threw a couple
of scrap pieces of wood together using no tools
made him one. It's surprising what one can do
sometimes. Now all you guys, no excuses. Make it.

2012_02070003-1.jpg

Well by snappers that looks sturdy and will get the job done as well as a high end stand! Good job but how does one cut wood, drill holes and drive screws without tools? :wink:

My wife could berate all those pieces into coming together,so I fully believe the original comment regarding no tools :bow:

That is a nice looking stand but.......................... :hmm:
I have been thinking about making one but I am stuck on how to support the upper back of the Patriot. That is where it is weak and likely to break. I need to come up with some way to support it with out my fix damaging the pistol. Now, I carefully hold the gun and load it and it isn't real easy to do :( as I try to support the back as much as possible.
Maybe I need to turn it over to Miss Elizabeth! You got a good gal there. :wink:

I have seen it done with a rest for the back of the hammer (but it seems like that would put pressure on that vulnerable lock bolt area) And another that had a sliding dowel that went through the trigger guard.

I made a stand about like the one pictured. I cut a block of wood on a scrool saw that is curved to match the curve of the handle so it supports the pistol. I covered it with some green felt for some extra cushion.

i agree . i dont understand it but i have experienced it . that looks eveb better than a brought on store bought one ,,stronger too

Latest posts

Back