• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Horn staples

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skunkskinner

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I finally made a tool to bend the staples over, someone here on the forum said to do it this way but i forgot who. Thanks :thumbsup: it was a year or two ago when i scraped these. Kinda forgot about them till yesterday. I drilled a 1/16 hole then reamed the hole with that little wire thing, the staples have the same taper. It seems to be snug fit.

DSCN1596.jpg

DSCN1597.jpg

I like how you made your plugs I think i might copy it or by a valve with a cup for mine.I made a horn that looks like the one to the right.
very nice job. :bow:

Kevin, Don't know if you do, but if you anneal the tips of your staples. They will bend over very easy with just a little pressure from your tool. I use about a 20 inch piece of "sewer snake cable" with a file handle on it to use like a cleaning rod to crimp over those staples. The flexibility of the snake follows the bend of about any horn.

Rick

When you "anneal" you heat to cherry red and cool slowly or do I have that backwards and you cool quickly? :idunno:

Back