• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can we see some Fowlers...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's wattlebuster my Caywood 12 ga english game gun. 30 inch barrel jug choked full. I built this from a Caywood kit last year.
Wattlebuster12Gaenglishgamegun011.jpg

Wattlebuster12Gaenglishgamegun006.jpg

Wattlebuster12Gaenglishgamegun008.jpg

Lord save me from lusting after all this gorgeous eye candy. May someone post an ugly one to bring me down from the clouds. :rotf:

Greenmntboy, that is not, I repeat NOT an ugly gun. That pic is fantastic. You're raising your family the right way, my friend.

Nov2010c.jpg

Hudson Valley fowler by Roy Stroh. 55" Rayl barrel in .69, Davis lock, TOW trigger and buttplate, (Roy made sideplate, thimbles and escutcheon), maple stock, weighs a bit over 8 1/2 lbs, balances like a dream. Best gun I ever hunted with.

:haha: Roy did an outstanding job. I have shot target and hunted with flintlocks for 25 years. The longer barrel makes a huge difference in terms of range and shot pattern. I can easily take squirrels from the tops of tall hardwoods, it's an absolute joy to shoot. Because the gun is so well balanced, it carries and aims very naturally. It makes perfect sense to me now why the early guns had such long barrels.

Thats cool John!
We are a bit scarse with small game here in CO.
I have very few blue grouse,good rabbit, but no tree rats I miss having them in the woods to hunt.
:thumbsup:

All right, this thread has gone and done it, I gotta have a fowler :surrender: . There sure are some beautiful ones shown on this threat :thumbsup: Hmmmm, I can see I'm gonna hafta sell something Hmmmm :rotf:
Hip

Back