• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Joy's of Small Game Hunting (NEW pictures added)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbutch

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Spent yesterday squirrel hunting with my youngest son and one of my hunting buddy's..
Just had a blast...
Don't know how but this rekindled the love for small game hunting in me...
Been caught up in ducks.bow deer,muzzle loader deer and haven't spent the time chasing small game ..
Just a relaxed fun pastime...No pressure, no crowd,slow paced hunt!

Will be making more time for more of this in my future....

Looking for your thoughts on this subject..ie..what you like best and why..
feel free to chime in looking forward to others perspectives.

action photo during a" crazed squirrel charge"(long fangs and nails you know)
IMG_1899640x474.jpg
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Happy Birthday and that's a scary looking bunch there. :grin:

When my son was about 13,he couldn't sit still very long for Deer hunting.We took up Squirrel hunting because he could move around a lot.I had forgotten how much fun it was.He's 16 now and we love us some Squirrel hunting.

You nailed it, Dan! Small game hunting is a blast, whether you get a shot or not. Any time in the woods for any reason adds up to better performance on big game hunts, simply because your eyes and feet get more practice.

I figure I spend 10 days in the field for small game for every one day I spend on big game. Similarly I shoot over 100 shots at snowshoe hare for every shot fired at big game. Heck, if you add in ptarmigan and ducks most years, kick that up to 200 small game shots for every big game shot.

Guess that makes me a small game hunter rather than a big game hunter. So be it, but I'm proud! :grin:

Happy Birthday!!!!! Getting my first smoothbore an taking my 8 yr old grandson has brought me back to small game an I will have to say Im havin a BLAST :thumbsup:

Sure looks like your having fun :thumbsup: I know what ya mean about the "no preasure, no crowd" thing. These days due to my current job I don`t get much hunting time untill winter when the only thing still open is small game so I spend alot more time hunting squirrels and bunnies than I do looking for deer. And I have the public land I hunt around here almost to myself, just the way I like it.

Fun times in the woods, especially with the youngn's. That's what it's all about! :thumbsup:

Happy Bday :) And for age 94 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I also like to Squirrel hunt in the winter if the weather is ok. Larry Wv

IMG_1899640x474.jpg

My name is Larry, This is my brother Darrel, and my other brother Darrel
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Looks like 2 "crazed" old guys and one young guy thinkin' "Oh Lord, what have I gotten myself into?" :haha:
Also looks like you guys were havin' a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

Stumpkiller said:
I see he's looking to Heaven for help. :haha: Got one o'them tele-o-scopes on his rifle gun. Kids. :grin:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------Stumpy..Trying to set the bp hook into him...Just loves the ruger..Now give him a throwing axe or what he call's the pirate pistol now were talking!

death to all milk jugs!
IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

Back