• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

End of an Era...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Closed the book on 18 years of T/C Hawkens today...shipped out the last one with it's beautiful stock and .28ga GM smoothbore barrel...excellent on small game and deer, it was a favorite until the end...

IMG_0272Cropped.jpg

It is an exceptional stock to be factory”¦and that hunting photo doesn’t do it justice:

003FullRightfrombuttbrightness-8.jpg

002FullRightbrightness-15.jpg

007LeftFullfrombuttbrightness-15.jpg

011LeftFullfrommuzzlebrightness-15.jpg

Whats the reason behind selling them off if you dont mind me asking.

That one did have a pretty stock on it.

Transitioned everything from half stocks to full stocks to have that experience for a few years now...

Better to see them go than just sit around collecting dust.Maybe they will spend some more time in the field and have a second life? I hope my flintlocks keep working after I'm done with them----------Leebone

Roundball, I first started seeing your posts as far back as 2000, on that board run by that egotistic New Yorker. Well, everybody gets a nickname in my life, and yours has always been "Mr Thompson Center". Nothing derogatory meant by it, I just figured you knew more about T/C firearms than even most of the people who worked for them. :wink: Well, now I need to come up with a new nickname for you. How about "Mr. all around knowledgeable muzzleoader guy?" Short but sweet, eh? Bill

That is a beautiful rifle. I just killed my first BP deer with a T/C Hawken I built with my grandfather before he passed. I bought it from a guy who never put the kit together. By far my favorite gun.

I remember a few years ago when I said TC's where nice transitional guns for beginners untill they moved up to something else, and you went BALLISTIC! :rotf:

roundball said:
Closed the book on 18 years of T/C Hawkens today...shipped out the last one with it's beautiful stock and .28ga GM smoothbore barrel...excellent on small game and deer, it was a favorite until the end...
don't know how you could do it RB. I'd hold onto at last that one 'til the second coming!
you'reheaded in a good direction!

Yeah, would have liked to have kept a few of them just because...but...practicality had to prevail

roundball said:
Yeah, would have liked to have kept a few of them just because...but...practicality had to prevail

As a friend of mine is fond of saying, "reality dictates." I sold my modern rifles to pay for percussions, then sold those off one-by-one to buy one flintlock and build another.

Rb..My newphew just picked up where you let off... there is hope..they are gone but the many memories are not..time to make some new ones.
Enjoy the ride......

makeumsmoke said:
Rb..My newphew just picked up where you let off... there is hope..they are gone but the many memories are not..time to make some new ones. Enjoy the ride......
Yup...C/B is starting on his way and I've started making meat with my replacements...
:wink:

Back