• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A Bit of Squirrel Success

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanshi

Cannon
Reaction score
Visited the squirrel woods yesterday afternoon after not even seeing a buck so far this season. There are always plenty of bushytails running around in the morning, there, but only saw three. Just as it started getting dark a guy came along and decided to give me the once-over. All I could really see was a patch of white but that was good enough.

PICT0577.jpg

Congrats Hanshi. Im gonna put some more in the freezer come febuary after our deer season is out. :thumbsup:

Nice job :thumbsup: I like your rifle too.
Deer season is done around here and the woods have calmed down so I`ll be looking for some squirrels myself now that I have time on my hands.

All these pictures and talk of squirrel huntin has me itching to go, I'll be loading up the 36 and going after em next week :thumbsup:

Same here, .36 cal tomorrow morning with my son. After surgery I have to put something good in my belly :) :) ...

I think there will be quite a few of us out there roaming around for sure.
Spikebuck, I requested plain maple but Matt put a reddish stain on that brought out some interesting pattern.

Nice job on the squirrel. I just got my first flintlock. It is a 50 but i think i can use a small enough load and aim for the head. I hope to go as soon as I get it sighted in.

It is TVM's Southern rifle; not quite a poorboy but very, very plain. It's .36x38"x3/4" and under 6 pounds. I've shot sub 1" groups at 50 yds with it but somehow thinking I might do more work with it. I've had this delightful rifle for around four or five years.

I think you're on the right track. I've used a .58 prb on squirrels without undue damage. Just place your shot well.

Back