• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Possibles Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just completed my first hand stitched possibles bag. It is made out of a tanned deer hide my dad shot with a .50 cal round ball years ago. I used brass hardware and found some very nice brass conchos I secured with bleed knots. I decided to put the buckle on backwards so the extra strap goes up instead of down. I now have the lower area on the strap to secure something like a small knife or short starter.

PossiblesBag006.jpg

PossiblesBag010.jpg

Thanks guys,

Yes, my dad and a friend of his tanned that hide over 30 years ago. It was a Mule deer shot in the Sandhills of Nebraska.

Very nice....has a sort of Southwest styling. Graet for a "Taos trader"

It took several hours (10-12 maybe). I didn't really keep track to be honest. With it under my belt and the experience I gained, I'm sure I could make it in a lot less time now. My stitching vastly improved from beginning to end. My fingers are still sore. There's a few spots of my blood on the bag, my fingers got in the way of the needle a few times.

I only have around $30 dollars in it, though it's invaluable in my mind. I paid for the D rings, buckle, concho, and strap.

I must add that I have been thinking of the design for weeks before I finally decided how I would make it.

gblacksmith said:
Very nice....has a sort of Southwest styling. Graet for a "Taos trader"

I never thought of that. Kind of funny, I'm reading the book "Taos Trappers" right now.

Latest posts

Back