• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dad's first bear

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks we had a full time blast.
Go for it when the knee gets better. Are you in Humphreys county full time now? Dad lives across the river in Camden.

Not full time yet :shake: Still working out of town.I'm home most week ends now. :thumbsup: At least i'm closer now than when I was working South Fl. :grin:

Congratulations to you and your Dad T.O.!! Nothing like hunting with hounds. Years ago N.Y. was going to allow bear hunting with hounds and I was training a Plott hound for that purpose. They cancelled the program (probably the anti's), but he made a good coon dog all the same.
Nice bear and gun. :thumbsup: :hatsoff:
Robby

Too many bears eating up all the crops not to hunt them in coastal NC, too dang thick not to use hounds. The guide I hunted with took a 620lb monster coastal black bear yesterday. A bear like that can do a lot of crop damage. I am glad there are places where hounds are still acceptable, because there will be some farmers and auto insurance companies in eastern NC crying if they are ever banned.

This is way cool. I would just love to go on a bear hunt with hounds. The only thing better might be a cougar hunt with hounds. Both are on my bucket list. To do it with a flintlock is the best.

PJC

I have only hunted with hounds for coon. Shootin a bear and have it fall out of a tree must be a rush!

Congratulations!!!

I really enjoyed the dogs, the east coast of NC is hound country. I had really had never been around deer dogs either. The areas we hunted were thick blocks of pine and brier jungles that a lot of the deer hunting was done with hounds as well. so while standing in a road listening to the hounds track a bear a group of deer dogs would pushed a deer by us. It was certainly a learning experience.

Back