• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First BP deer!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
silly goose said:
being outdoors is something I just have to do.

I'd venture to say that sums it up for most if not all of us. It's an all year thing, but for me, when fall rolls around I can't ignore the primal gut absolute need to be outdoors hunting anymore than a buck can ignore the rut!

Great job on the doe and best wishes for many more.

Grats Goose! :hatsoff:
Nice sized doe too. :thumbsup: Some fine eatin' ahead for you.
Good luck with the rest of your season.

Congrats Goose :hatsoff: :thumbsup: I can still remember my first deer with a muzzleloader. A 3pt buck came to an area that had 7 scrapes in it. I had hunted this area for 3 consective days and had not seen another deer,so i took the shot at around 85 steps the deer went down in his tracks.I was so excited to get him field dressed and out to the checking station that I let the knife slip will trying to cut through the breast bone and stabbed myself in the leg :idunno: :shake: I think I bled more than the deer did. :shake: Congrats again on your hunt. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you're going down a similar path that I took. Started out with the Renegade, but then I built a Southern Mountain rifle in 54 caliber, fullstock. Then I got the 20 gauge flintlock fowler. Looks like you have a few good years ahead of you yet. Maybe you'll want to get that flintlock rifle in a long barrel/fullstock before taking the next step to the flintlock fowler. It may round out your hunting experience better.

Great job Goose! Still waiting on my first bp deer. Had a doe sneak up 25 yds behind the tree I was sittin on five minutes after sunset tonight, tried to sneak a turn around but got busted & she was gone. Tomorrow's the last day of muzzie season here in Indiana. Gonna give it one more shot for sure.

Where are you in Greene Co.? I grew up in Windham.

srad, I was born and raised in the East side of the county, right next to the river. Except for being in "NY", I love it here. Good luck with your bp journey, I was fortunate enough to take my second doe this morning. A great morning.

Back