• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

where to buy flintlock pistol kit?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt denison

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been looking for a simple flintlock pistol kit, Pedersolli prefered, for a special friend who wants to build her own pistol. I've looked through all of my resources, can not find one in stock. Any suggestions?

thanks

L'dog

Dixie Gun Works lists Pedersoli pistol kits in their catalog. I can't testify about those kits being in stock... Have you tried them?

Flint Pistol Kits

The only one I saw that was listed as low on stock was the .45. The others appear to be in stock. Then again it is Xmas and inventory may be changing fast.

I also seem to recollect some feller in Montana who makes a trade pistol kit. Not sure what's wrong with that one.

"I also seem to recollect some feller in Montana who makes a trade pistol kit. Not sure what's wrong with that one."

very funny Bill...... :rotf: :idunno: :surrender:

I dunno if this fellow will have one in stock or not. But you could ask. Flintguns.com This is where I bot my "kit" at. I'm very pleased with it.

This is how it started:

DSC02781.jpg

And I'm currently in the process of applying true-oil to the stock and will be doing the metal this week. But here's a pic of a few days ago:

photobucket-8001-1323364121986.jpg

I chose this route because I didn't want the same flint pistol that everyone else had. I wanted a 50 caliber and I wanted a long barrel. My barrel is 12" long. I will use this for hunting and all of my furniture and my barrel will be finished as blackened. No shiny brass.

I have a few mistakes on it but it's mine!!

Call the fellow. He does nice work and is easy to talk to.

Dave

Mongo40 said:
The Flintguns link doesn't work for me, what exactly is the web address?

Doesn't work for me either. When you get a page like that, it's usually due to a defunct website. I guess Flintguns may no longer be in business. This thread is a few years old. I have no experience with them, but Sitting Fox offers some decent looking flint pistol kits.

Who cut the barrel channel? It is way too wide. What are you going to do about that? How are you going to fix it? I guess you could fill it with Acraglas. That would work at least. The rest of your work looks pretty good.

Just a word of caution about Sitting Fox. They seem to have decent parts in their kits but if they do any of the work, sometimes it is good but sometimes the person who does the work is not very good or does not take the time to do the job right. Buy parts and kits from them but I would be very cautious about buying a gun in the white or a complete gun that they have put together.

I have no personal experience with them but this is what has been posted several times by other folks who have purchased a gun from them.

Back