• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Elkalo Pocket Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birddog6

Cannon
Reaction score
A friend wanted me to make him a primitive pocket horn & something different.. :hmm: That put me to thinking... Probably not too many of these wandering around. Horn off a Elkalow.... Half buffalo & half elk..... He said they only come on spike bucks... :idunno: I don't know, we don't have these in Alabama.....

100_8695.jpg

100_8696.jpg

100_8697.jpg

Keith Lisle

Either you are trying to pull a fast one, or someone else is.
No such thing-like a jackalope.

Now Mike you know there are Jackalopes ! And I saw one out in Pecos TX one time, mounted on the wall. :grin:

You probably just don't have them up in CO. :wink:

Keith Lisle

Keith,Very nice,bet it's heavy.I'm making one now out of buffalo horn and I will need a packhorse to carry it LOL!I am going to leave mine rough too.I think for the Western Fur Trade thats the horn to have.

It is not too heavy, as it is only 7" long. It if to carry in his pocket while deer hunting. Very thick, as it took me 3 hrs to hollow it out ! I am going to do one for me & that is it as it, as I could have made 2 with cow horns in the time I have in this one.
The nice part is the horn is Base Heavy so it sits in your pocket base down, so you can reach in there & get it very easily.

Holds enough for about 8-10 shots, which is more than necessary when deer hunting.

Keith Lisle

No Jackalopes left here in Pennsy either, the damn sidehill gougers et 'em all years ago. BTW, very interesting and inovative horn, I like it.

Latest posts

Back