• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Green Mtn touchhole liner?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silly goose

45 Cal.
Reaction score
My only experience with flintlocks has been with a drilled touchhole. Now I'm giving it a go with a GM .62 flint barrel with a touchhole liner. My question is, should the liner be screwed all the way in snug, or left out flush with the barrel. When screwed in snug, it seems an awful long way from the pan. Not sure if its a special liner or anything, it came with the barrel, uses a hex wrench and with that is somewhat coned for the wrench. I'm using this barrel with a Renegade hunter, single trigger stock, and an L&R flintlock conversion. You know, kind of a modern fowler type thing. :wink: Appreciate any and all advice, fella's. Thank you.

Really should be flush...its nothing more than a glorified set screw with a hole drilled through it, no limiting-stop to regulate it's depth, no outer flange to stop it from going in deeper, etc.

First thing I did with every GM drop-in barrel I got was throw their liner in the trash, and put in the new style T/C liner.

No only do they properly regulate the depth, they are far superior to GM's ad-hoc set screw liners and provide far better performance

Happy birthday Goose. Is the hole already drilled and taped. If not also look into the cChambers white lightening. Different threads, but comes with it's own drill, and tap, plus directions.

Bill

silly goose said:
I will look up the new T/C liner then. Thank you.
TCARMS.com

They come two in a blister pac for $4-$5 bucks...their new design is so fast I even had them installed in Rice barrels I bought for some builds I had done...you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The TC liners are very good. I make my own liners from 1/4X28 stainless steel allen set screws.I drill a 1/16" hole through the screw and use an 82 degree countersink and open up the inside of the screw(opposite end from the wrench recess) until the point of the counter sink almost reaches the bottom of the wrench recess. This gets the main powder charge close to the pan. Thompson Center uses a similar design.

A razor sharp flint, Goex 4F in the pan, Goex 3F for the main, a T/C vent liner and you'll wonder if you're shooting a Marlin .30-30 !
:wink:

My T/C liners came in. They appear to be head and shoulders ahead of what came in the barrel, I like the looks of them already. Like you say, they put the main charge right there near the pan. Once deer season is over I'll give em a go at the range and then on some bunnies. Thanks for the advice.

touchole.jpg

whitelightning liner....
I have one in the 50cal flinter i have....no problems to speak of~

Back