• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Trigger adjustment for Trapper

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjulihn

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a Traditions "Trapper" that I shot for the first time last weekend. After pulling the rear set trigger, the front main trigger was dangerously light. There are two adjusting screws in the trigger assembly. The rear one seems to adjust the spring tension for the set trigger, and the one just behind the front trigger seems to adjust trigger pull. Can someone give me a quick "how to" on proper adjustment for both triggers?

Did you get the book with it? Setting the trigger is going to make the pull very light. That is what they do. I'll write the instructions if you would like, or PM me your mailing address and i'll send you a book.

steve

Your assessment of the screws and their function is correct.

The screw between the triggers adjusts the engagement of the front triggers latch with the rear set triggers latch.

This basically adjusts the amount of travel the front trigger needs to do before it releases the spring loaded rear trigger but it will not change the amount of force that is needed to move the front trigger.

There is no way to change the amount of force needed to move the front trigger on a double set trigger mounted on any gun when the rear trigger is "set".

That leaves the choice up to you.
You can either leave the rear spring loaded trigger unset and fire the gun with the front trigger with its heavy pull or you can set the rear trigger and learn to use the very light pull the front trigger will have.

Received the owners manual from Toots and adjusted the trigger group as recommended. Can't wait to shoot it again!

Latest posts

Back