• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Ohio's snowbelt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Berta

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Howdy hi from NE Ohio. I'm a 59 year old widowed Vietnam War USAF Veteran, I helped fly guns and ammo into Cambodia after the 1973 Vietnam peace accords on C-130 cargo planes working from Thailand. Most the shooting and deer hunting I do is with my CVA cap-locks on our 110 acre farm 30 miles East of Cleveland. I hunt with a .54 cal St. Louis Hawken rifle my late wife bought me in 1998, my crappy eyesight made me install fiber optic CVA Illuminator sights on the Hawken, prior to getting it I used a .45 cal CVA Kentucky rifle from a kit. To many misfires with both rifles over the years made me install musket nipples on both and I haven't had a misfire since, the only thing I shoot with number 11 caps is the .45 cal. CVA Kentucky pistol I re-did to match the finish on my rifle. Almost all my Ohio deer hunting has been with the Hawken during our gun seasons which starts here in less than a week. I was a member of The National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association for a couple years but had to let my membership lapse for financial reasons, I still maintain annual memberships in the NRA and the AmVets Riders motorcyclists and life memberships in the VFW and AmVets. I'm in some other internet groups of veterans or motorcyclists, this is the only black powder muzzle-loading group I'm part of at this time, I hope I can contribute to it.
Tom Berta
LeRoy, Ohio

Welcome Tom; thank you for your service to our great country. Sorry for the loss of your wife. This is about THE most informative muzzle loading site around. Hope to hear of your success in deer hunting. Our rifle season is going right now through the weekend, then later on will be the muzzle loader season.

welcome aboard fellow buckeye. glad to have you as part of this fine family. lot to learn here and contribute when you can. i'm a westsider, you can keep all that snow east. wk1 :grin:

Back