• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Vent Pick

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troutabout

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I had some 1/8 brass rod from Lowe's so I cut a piece and filed it down into a sharp triangular point and mounted it in a piece of oak dowel. Then I took another piece of dowel and drilled it to use as a protective cover. I may still thin the point so that it will reach deeper into the chamber. It will be carried on a utility necklace along with my powder measurer and primer cap dispenser.

th_VentPick1-1.jpg
[/URL][/img]
th_VentPick2.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Hey Trout,
Nice work there. What ever happened with the old shotgun you were blogging about? Never did see if it shot OK..Have me hanging...Cascade Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. The old 16 guage shotgun works great. I've had it to my local range 4 times and to a club range once. It's most accurate with a .648 ball and .018 lubed patch. I've also tried .626 balls in it with some success. But the cheapest fun for just making noise and a lot of smoke and "almost" consistant holes in paper is 30 grn of 2F behind an OP card, 5/8 inch glass marble in a lubed patch and an OS card.

It's too wet to plow so I'm seriously thinking of heading back to my range tomorrow. Besides, I don't have a tractor or a mule. :idunno:

Latest posts

Back