• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for NC Rendezvous events

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmck0309

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, the title pretty much says it all. I've never attended an event and truthfully, being on this forum has given me the bug.

Any info on North Carolina events comming up will greatly be appreciated.

Keep your powder dry and watch your topknot. m.

You are in luck! The Southeastern Primitive Rendezvous is being held in Yadkin County this year. Starts Nov. 4. It was held there last year and it was my first event. Had a great time!! If you are interested in being a participant you have a few days left to register. Google southeastern primitive rendezvous for more info. Also you can YOUTUBE it and find a few videos of last years event.

H.Hale

Also scroll down and check out the post on the French Broad Rifles fall Primitive event. That is coming up soon.

Thanks. I did finally find their website "http://www.southeasternprimitiverendezvous.com/". This is the direct link to the home page for this rondy.

I can't wait! I just hope the weather turns cool and dry so I can wear my skins! I know I won't be able to wear it, but I'm nearly finished with my buffalo coat. Probably never wear it around here, but it's been fun making it.

Hope to meet you fellows at Rendezvous. Happen to know where I might find an inexpensive period tent? lmk, m.

We went to the southeastern last year, it's a great site. Had a blast. We're heading up on Wednesday for early setup. Can't wait!

Thanks. I did finally find their website "http://www.southeasternprimitiverendezvous.com/". This is the direct link to the home page for this rondy.

I can't wait! I just hope the weather turns cool and dry so I can wear my skins! I know I won't be able to wear it, but I'm nearly finished with my buffalo coat. Probably never wear it around here, but it's been fun making it.

Hope to meet you fellows at Rendezvous. Happen to know where I might find an inexpensive period tent? lmk, m.
I hope you mean 70's cool. It was down right cold last year. Water froze every morning, etc.
I will have a 3 year old 8x10 wall tent with 30" walls Panther with poles for sale at the rondyvoo. I'm not offering it for sale in this post or on this site though. :)

I'm pre-registered and plan to be there Wed. for early set up also. I was by the creek last year in the shade. I'm not making that mistake again :)

Does this event have public days? Or is the public allowed any day of the event?
I will be passing through on the 12TH, But could be persuaded to call off work and leave a little early to spend a day with you fine folks! :v

"You'll be able to walk through the encampment, talk to the people and see demonstrations of frontier skills."
The public may visit 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 5, and Sunday, Nov. 6, as well as Wednesday, Nov. 9.
School day will be Tuesday, Nov. 8. School Tours admitted Free.
Admission is $5 per adult. Children ages 18 and younger are free. No pets please.

Link to the event's site.

I also plan to be there on Wed. early set up and stay the whole time.
But, there is one problem with this years event, it is not the 30th. annual...it is the 29th. They have their starting date/year wrong. The first Southeastern was April 1982. I know, as I was one of the 7 people who started the event and carried it on for some years as Charlie Knight's ranch.

Jarradl

Wouldn't this be the 30th time this event has been held if the first one was in 1982?

I'll be there Thursday after work. :) :)

H.Hale

We do not celebrate events by how many times....but by years. If you are married, the next year of your event is the first, not second. You do not celebrate the First Aniversay on the first day you wed. The common practice is by years. So how many years have you been Married is a good analogy or a birthday. It may have been put on 30 times in five years....but that is not an aniversary and that is how we celebrate events.

Hey! the medalions will be collectors items as they have the dates 1981-2011 on them. So, the next Southeastern 2012 will the the 30th. aniversary......they will be celebrating twice. :bow:

Drop by and see me....I will have a very unusally decorated tipi cover with pictographs. :rotf: On Tuesday at 11:00 I will be doing one of the talks.

Jarradl
If this were an actual anniversary, you would be correct in your theory, but this is instead a yearly event that will have occured a total of 30 times as of this year.I went to the Southeastern rendezvous web site to check. I copied the banner. "30th Southeastern Primitive Rendezvous".
They are not calling it an anniversary or an annual event.

Hope to meet you and others from the board there.

H.Hale

Yes, and their premise is based on the rendezvous starting in 1981....which it didn't so they were not counting times when started this. Now they are justifying it as thirty events instead of the traditional years and those thirty events could have happened anytime. Do we celebrate the US Independence the way you suggest? We all tend to mark events in years or anniversaries and assume it is such when you read the information.

A mistake has been made....so correct it for next year and have two medals that have the 30th. on it. Makes for a good story. Or are they, the committee going to keep the mistake going. That does not bode well for the people who started this event and see this happen. It is a technicality.....we will all have a good time, unless is floods, freezes everything for days, or a fire.

If the 1st one was in 1982 then the 31st annual one will be in 2012, right?
1st - 1982
2nd - 1983
3rd - 1984
4th - 1985
5th - 1986
6th - 1987
7th - 1988
8th - 1989
9th - 1990
10th - 1991
11th - 1992
12th - 1993
13th - 1994
14th - 1995
15th - 1996
16th - 1997
17th - 1998
18th - 1999
19th - 2000
20th - 2001
21st - 2002
22nd - 2003
23rd - 2004
24th - 2005
25th - 2006
26th - 2007
27th - 2008
28th - 2009
29th - 2010
30th - 2011

There is a problem in your reasoning :shocked2: ”¦..It started on an even year which means it will have an even annual number on an even year. You have it started on an even year and ending on an odd year.
Also you seem to have left out anther flaw in your reasoning”¦they say it started on 1981 to get their 30th. annual date. If it had started when they said”¦.it would be the 30th. annual event. But it started in 82 and not 81. You are now trying to justify using 30th. annual by stating actual number of camps. This is just not done.

Other examples of Annual events:
American Indian Film Festival is having their 36 annual meeting. They started in 1975.

Lodge Owners Rendezvous started November 1971 and will have its 40th. annual event 2011. If we count the number actual camps”¦it would be 41.
:shake:
Again”¦.it is the Southeastern’s 29th. year. It started in 1982 and we have 2011.
Hey! this is something to have a drink over. Join me in camp.....I like Lamboosko.

My reasoning may be wrong but my counting is right. We are counting events not years. This may or may not be how annual events are counted but this IS going to be the 30th one if they had 29 before this one. I need to dig out my last years medallion and see what it said.

I did spot an error in their flyer. It states that this is the NRLHF's 30th Southeastern Primitive Rendezvous. It can't be the NRLHF's 30th because they haven't been in existence that long. It was formed by the NMLRA in December 1998 and incorporated in March 1999. :)

I'm all for drinking over it. I'm a scotch drinker.

Back