• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pipe Cleaners

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreserveFreedom

40 Cal.
Reaction score
They may not be period correct, but pipe cleaners are great for cleaning out small spaces. Lately I am having so much trouble finding them. Has anyone else run into this problem?

I haven't shopped for pipe cleaners in a long time, but I'd expect to find them in Tobacco shops and craft stores.

Looks like Swampy types about a word per minute faster than me!

Yes, much of tobacco sales are in specialty "Smoke Shops" now adays and pipe cleaners can be found there.
They're not in groceries and big box stores anymore, still cheap enough to get a couple packs when you do find'm though.
I cut one stick into 1/4's, quite handy for cleaning the inside of percussion nipp's.

I can still get 'em at my local Walmart. The secret is they're now hidden behind the one cashier that can sell tobacco products and ya gotta ask for 'em. :youcrazy:

Years ago I Googled up a 10 or 12 pack and have been using them ever since...(I cut them in half)

Go to Walmart. My mom just picked me up a large package of them for a good price. FREE. She bought!!

As stated above there are a bunch of wild colors. I wish they were all white, but what fun would that be. Tom.

That's interesting guy's, our local "Super Wallymart" don't have'm, when I asked the Gal at the designated cigarrette check out lane she looked at me seriously and said "What?".
The Hobby/Crafts dept has the really long fuzzy ones but they're some kind of poly and not very absorbant.

Cheap, works great, and packs away nicely in the bottom of the shootin' bag...

hi_easy_brush_sized.jpg

necchi said:
That's interesting guy's, our local "Super Wallymart" don't have'm, when I asked the Gal at the designated cigarrette check out lane she looked at me seriously and said "What?".
The Hobby/Crafts dept has the really long fuzzy ones but they're some kind of poly and not very absorbant.
That's the same experience I had at my WallyWorld. The larger ones in the craft section have a slightly larger wire in the middle too.

This is the bulk pack I bought years ago...had 20 individual packs in it, not 12 as I had tried to remember earlier in the thread...and glad this thread came up as I only have 5 packs left, need to reorder before long
http://pipesandcigars.com/diprpicl.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a small heads up for some of you guys. They also make pipe cleaners that have nylon bristles twisted in with the fuzzy stuff. Does a better job of scrubbing off stuck on stuff.

Vern

Back