• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Flintlock vs Percussion ends Sept. 30, 2011

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
luie b said:
Team Flintlock better look out. I got my TC .45 sighted in Monday and I was shooting nickels off a fence post, no joke. The bad thing was I hit them square so they flew off into the tall grass.

SWEET! My trick is to set up washers and shoot thru the holes without disturbing the washer. I can do it almost everytime. :wink:

GW

Danscottgerm said:
Count me in on both. It will give me a good excuse to shoot my Brown Bess and my 1816 Springfield.

With great historical smokepoles like that, you shouldn't need a good excuse to shoot them. A bad one would serve just as well. :wink:

Hey Jethro...Is this a "re-entry" style shoot or are we to shoot one target only and send it in (no matter how good or bad)? :idunno:

I shot me some aliens this evening and plumb forgot about this shoot. :shake:

Thanks for putting this on, I just need to know if we can shoot more than one target and pick which one to send in. :hatsoff:

Skychief.

I've got a couple of targets that I shot with a 1950-60's era light bench gun at 50 yards. I'll let them talk for this old art if someone can post them.
Mark

Mark you can email to me, just use my user name, then add @gmail.com

But... Just to be clear ... They won't count got this match as it is an offhand 25 yard match, however we all like pictures! :grin:

Diesel,
Didn't intend them for this match, just wanted to show the whippersnappers that even an "old fart" can get lucky once in a while. Will send them to you.
Mark

Papa said:
Diesel,
Didn't intend them for this match, just wanted to show the whippersnappers that even an "old fart" can get lucky once in a while. Will send them to you.
Mark

Mark,

Here they are! Good shooting . . . for an old guy! :rotf: Course some of us younger guys are pretty good, as was shown in the last match . . . but . . . some of us still have some learnin' to do!
Picture10.png

Team Percussion Cap

1. Captain: 123.DieselBenz
2. makeumsmoke
3. hanshi
4. Grey Whiskers
5. Vtsmoker
6. Buford
7. luie b
8. PaulN/KS
9. Mike Brines - Target in!
10. Papa
11. Many Klatch
12. Buripty
13. Otter
14. tiger955
15. DHFHades
16. Danscottgerm

Anybody else? We need four more to catch up to the flaky flinters . . . plus that would give us 40 targets in the match!

As I don't own a caplock long gun I guess I will be shooting flintlock, after I fling musket balls at them aliens!

Sorry I didn't get right back to ya, I was at a rendezvous all weekend.
OK, I ain't really sorry. I was havin' too much fun for sorry. :grin:

Yep, this is a re-entry style shoot.

I'll keep an eye out for your target. :thumbsup:

Team Flint so far

Capt., Jethro224
skunkskinner
makeumsmoke
hanshi
Lonegun1894
T.O.
Roy
armakiller
RC
PaulN/KS
Hockeyref
Papa
Many Klatch
Maven
caddo
Pete D.
Swampy
Otter
Skychief
Danscottgerm
grzrob
:hatsoff:

Jethro, I fired my FL targets today, but couldn't find the center with my trade gun to save my life. I'll make up some more and have at it again shortly. The absence of a rear sight + a target that's more challenging than it appears is going to make this quite interesting.

Paul

Jethro224 said:
Sorry I didn't get right back to ya, I was at a rendezvous all weekend.
OK, I ain't really sorry. I was havin' too much fun for sorry. :grin:

Yep, this is a re-entry style shoot.

I'll keep an eye out for your target. :thumbsup:

No problem Jethro...sounds like ya had fun. :thumbsup:

My target is about as good as I can hope to do with a flinter anyhow.

Thanks, Skychief.

Maven said:
Shawn, You didn't include my name on the caplock list. I'm in and fired a decent target today. It will be on its way to you tomorrow AM.

Paul

I'm sorry. I guess it is not just the flints that are flaky! :rotf:

I'll put you in the list this weekend when I get home, as I have my iPhone here on the road, and it does not let me scroll in the text box ... :idunno:

But ... Anyhow, WELCOME to the winning team! :wink:

I took my shots Saturday with a new (to me) rifle which isn't sighted in. Ran out of time to shoot again. Not as good of target as I'd like, so I'll try to get out and shoot a better one. If I have to use this one at least I'll have a good excuse. :wink: GW

Back