• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Just finished this one

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wattlebuster

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Ive been working on this horn for a little while just in my spare time an finally got around to finishing it a day or two ago an thought you might want to get a look see. I like to have a horn and bag for the different rifles I have an this one I made for a rifle that I have not even finished yet cause I still have not bought up all the parts yet but Im slowly getting there. It is a medium size horn for fffg powder that I will shoot in my 40 when finished. The plug is pine. The stopper is ebony fiddlepeg. Outside curve is 10 ½ inches. I didn’t measure anything I just did everything free hand. The tools I used was hacksaw pocketknife steelwool and rit dye and johnsons wax. I also put the buttplug in its natural shape. Its crude I know but Im not trying to sell it although my grandsons are already laying claims to it. Hope you like it. I think it will serve its purpose
wattlebustersFFFGhorn001.jpg
wattlebustersFFFGhorn002.jpg
wattlebustersFFFGhorn003.jpg
wattlebustersFFFGhorn004.jpg

I like it, especially the color, I am just getting started making horns, I am useing just the basic tools also, I am thinking of getting a bench vise. I hold them on my lap now.

Nice lookin' horn! And instead of "crude", I'd say it looks "rustic". Well done!

Dan

I dont know what it is made of. I ordered 10 of them a few yrs back an cant even remember who I got them from :idunno: (old age)

Very nice to say the least in my opinion and yeah you much be the oldest member here according to that date :haha:

T.O. said:
I like it, especially the color, I am just getting started making horns, I am useing just the basic tools also, I am thinking of getting a bench vise. I hold them on my lap now.

not to hijack the thread, but check out a cloth bag sewn shut with about two or three pounds of rice or beans in it. ... works for me.

I use a bag of shot. Works good and also you can put a round piece of wood in a vise an then put the horn onto the wood an twist. it gets very tight. try it,sounds crazy but it works :thumbsup:

You have done a nice job. I think your work is good you know the horns of the day were not 100% perfect.
Im sure as long as you can get them water tight and your other work on it scrim and such will probably get better the more you do and maybe you will find tools to scrim with that you like better

Back