• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Rabid wheelgun nuts unite!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sure is a real great looking gun---you can easily see who it's Daddy must have been. Congratulations on your acquisition and your clean-up job was superb---now go out and get it real dirty to pay tribute to the gun and it's heritage---she's a keeper. Though I don't have a ready pix with my collection of 6 from 1841 Pocket Colt through to a grand old Walker. I'll have to get a good pix, mebbe today since it's too damned cold to go out to the range today. Come on Mykeal, be a real man we promise not to tell the missus. I really think you ought become a moderator for a new forum here re: wheel guns---Claude listen to this huh? wink, wink---I would personally like to see this type of thread permeate this forum, because it can involve all of us due to the availability and relatively low prices for these great modern Repro's. Of course nothing wrong with the genuine oldies out their. Just the history and development of these firearms alone is our heritage, but the ability to own a repro and handle it makes this a true living history right in your own gun room....."Doc"

Mykeal,
Don't be a fraidy-cat
We won't tell your wife.
You can give us the number in Pig-Latin, if it helps!
Like...Enty Tway-Ix Say?
Or, do you have Or-may? :hmm:

Ezekial said:
That sure is a real great looking gun---you can easily see who it's Daddy must have been. Congratulations on your acquisition and your clean-up job was superb---now go out and get it real dirty to pay tribute to the gun and it's heritage---she's a keeper. Though I don't have a ready pix with my collection of 6 from 1841 Pocket Colt through to a grand old Walker. I'll have to get a good pix, mebbe today since it's too damned cold to go out to the range today. Come on Mykeal, be a real man we promise not to tell the missus. I really think you ought become a moderator for a new forum here re: wheel guns---Claude listen to this huh? wink, wink---I would personally like to see this type of thread permeate this forum, because it can involve all of us due to the availability and relatively low prices for these great modern Repro's. Of course nothing wrong with the genuine oldies out their. Just the history and development of these firearms alone is our heritage, but the ability to own a repro and handle it makes this a true living history right in your own gun room....."Doc"

Thanks for the kind words on the Dragoon!
Boys, I would LOVE to have a separate thread or sub-thread for wheelguns, but I guess that's up to Claude, and not me. :bow:
I agree it would be cool...we could call it "Wheelgun World" or something, with maybe subforums of powder, projectiles, etc? :grin:
OK, maybe I'm asking too much.... :youcrazy:
We can keep the ball in the air by posting on this thread, for the time being.
I love front-stuffers. I wish I could own one of everything. But I can't, and my true passion seems to be (lately) these C&B six shooters...I've been fascinated with them since I was a kid. I've seen some pretty neat collections here, but let's get some nice close-ups, people!
And I'm still waiting for more comments on fave guns! :yakyak:

!!&!!@!!#!! USPS!! :cursing:
My Pietta '51 Navy was s'posed to be yesterday but the friendly, efficient folks at USPS misrouted it. Until they discovered their screwup, the tracking info was up to date. Now all they say is they've made a mistake & will get it to me as soon as possible, whenever that is. :(

!!&!!@!!#!! USPS!!
I sympathize, really I do.
I agree too :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
I just tried to onward ship something that came to me in a USPS flat rate box.
You know the ones that say:
"A simpler way to ship! Flat rate shipping, if it fits it ships anywhere in the US or overseas for one flat rate."

Bull puckey! there is a set of weight limits hidden in the instructions so the package that shipped to me for $13.95 will cost me $55.80 to ship onwards. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
& I based the onward shipping on the cost to me for a $50.00 item. :bull: :bull: :bull: :blah:

Well, there's 6 C&B guns in the safe right now. I sold two, very cheap, to help a couple of guys get started. Still have 3 ROAs, Colt 1851, Colt 1860, Remmie 1858.

They all shoot better than I can.

Then there are the dozen or so modern revolvers keeping them company.Guess I qualify as a wheel gun guy.

Jeff

I have 9 plus three modern. Love the Colts but trust the Remmies for heavy lifting.

Don

(pssst...they'll probably "find it" once they've ALL had a chance to shoot it)
Yeah...USPS. Don't get me started.
I had my Dragoon shipped to me that way...it arrived two days late even though I paid for Priority, and it sat in a sorting queue less than 20 miles from here all that time (I checked the tracking number)
We have the same issues at work with FedEx.
Only ones we can count on are UPS.

THREE ROA's?
Let's not be selfish about this!
There are guys out there right now that would give their eye teeth for ONE! :nono:
I've always admired that gun. How do they shoot?

Gotta admit getting the three was pure luck. I was just in the right place at the right time over the years. :grin: All three have 7.5 inch barrels, 2 have adjustable sights, one is stainless.

They all are superbly accurate and reliable. I like the 7.5" barrels for their balance and ease of loading. Nothing beats the pointability of my Uberti 1860 Army and those hammer notch sights are surprisingly effective. But the ROAs can do it all and will never let you down. The ROA is what I use to introduce newcomers to C&B revolvers.

Keep an eye peeled. Good deals for the ROA are out there. I got mine over the last several years. The most I paid was $425 and that was for an unfired adjustable sighted one in a fitted display case with a LOT of extras (spare Ruger nipples and nipple wrench, 100 balls, flask, powder measure, etc.) The other 2 cost about $300, including one I bought three weeks ago at a swap meet.

Jeff

1851-0ne in .36
One a .44 sheriff
One Brass .44
One round barrel .44 also brass
1860 army with conversion cylinder
1861 navy in brass
1858 Steel Remmy and one in brass
1858 Navy
1848 Pocket colt

Don't know if I have a favorite but do like the 58 navy and 51 sheriff a lot.

Don

I find if you tinker with your relvolvers you can get very accurate results.

DSCF5268.jpg

DSCF5153.jpg

DSCF5161.jpg

2009_03040027.jpg

"I find if you tinker with your revolvers you can get very accurate results".

I'll say! Great shooting!!
More wheelgun nuts coming out of the woodwork every day... :hmm:

Don said:
1851-0ne in .36
One a .44 sheriff
One Brass .44
One round barrel .44 also brass
1860 army with conversion cylinder
1861 navy in brass
1858 Steel Remmy and one in brass
1858 Navy
1848 Pocket colt

Don't know if I have a favorite but do like the 58 navy and 51 sheriff a lot.

Don

Wow...quite the arsenal!
Looks like all you're missing is an ROA.
Maybe you and Jeff should talk....? :wink:

Handled a ROA once and didn't like how it felt at all. Grip was too small for my hand and it was very heavy. I'm also too cheap to pop for one especially now that they are out of production and the prices have gone way up.

Don

In that case, sounds like you are all set! :wink:

Unless, that is, you've got a hankering for a horse pistol!
Bring on them Comanches! :blah:

Yeah, I'd like a dragoon but the thought of carrying one on my belt kind of taints it. But I'd still would like to get one some day.

Don

Don said:
Handled a ROA once and didn't like how it felt at all. Grip was too small for my hand and it was very heavy. I'm also too cheap to pop for one especially now that they are out of production and the prices have gone way up.

Don

Don, I actually prefer the grip and balance of the Colt 1860 to the ROA but I shoot the ROAs better, including the fixed sight one. If I hadn't found them at such great prices, I would probably have more Colts. I shudder when I see some of the prices they often go for these days. (Like you, I'm too cheap, or prudent, to pay those prices.) :shocked2:

On the plus side, the Rugers are the most accurate, reliable and least likely to jam of any C&Bs I've used, can handle light loads to roaring ones, and, except for replacing the nipples every decade, they can last forever.

Jeff

Back