• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from the UK

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deerdiver

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings,
25 years of firing a blackpowder matchlock as a member of the Sealed Knot Society (English Civil War re-enactment for all you colonials) in the UK.
I am just starting out on making a flintlock longrifle based on a John Armstrong, Emmitsburg, pattern. The project also includes an accompanying flintlock pistol. Lots to learn, should be fun. I made a possibles bag over Christmas just to get my hand in.
Regards,
Deerdiver

Always glad to see another member from across the pond . Sounds like an impressive project , don"t forget to post photos as you build . :thumbsup:

I'll do my best! My wife berated me for not photgraphing the possibles bag during construction. Lesson learnt.

Hello, and welcome! I would love to hear more about your activities, maybe photos?

hello mate, nice to see another fellow englishman on the site. cant wait to see how you get on. where abouts in the uk are you??

Welcome to the MLF DeerDiver! Sure would like to see some pic's of your projects. Glad you found our camp. Pull up a stump to the fire and share some tales with us all.

Hey there Deerdriver. New here myself, but thot I'd say hi as my wife is a Brit- born in Derby and raised in Nottingham. Be interestin' to hear how shooters do things over there. Always interested in English history as well. From what I've read here, this sems like a knowlegabe and friendly bunch; glad to see you here too.

Dan C

Welcome!
Hope you will find all the info you you need and not be bashful about asking questions.

I'm based in deepest Wiltshire, just on the edge of Salisbury Plain. I wonder how many other Brits use this Forum?

Back