• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

which to choose ?????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silent sniper

40 Cal.
Reaction score
My birthday is in a few days and I have 2 choices for my birthday present. I can either choose a 20 guage tull de chase flintlock fowler or a beretta double barrel 12 guage over/under with case and accessories. I cant decide which to get. I have 5 doubles and I absoutly love them, I have held the beretta before and it holds like a DREAM ! Plus it seems they are pretty collectable. But I dont have a flint smoothie and I have really be wanting to get one. So I dont know :haha: I was kinda thinking I can get a flint fowler anytime sense there are alot of them as apposed to the beretta which are kinda hard to find. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks SS

Well, I'd go with the fusil de chasse myself, sounds like a great position to be in though.

:hatsoff:
Spot

larry wv said:
Beretta Double. Then get the other when possible. Larry

That's my thinking, too.

I'd be inclined to get the fusil in a kit and build it myself, which is a whole different topic, but a good reason, too.

Good Choice .I had one of those and the dumbest thing I ever did was selling it.
TOW has one for Sell ,little on the pricy side.
Twice

If the berreta holds well for you, get it while you can. Getting a gun that fits you is important. :hmm: Aren't you glad you don't have school on a snowy day like this. Just think the inservice day prevented you from having to make up another snow day. If this weather keeps up you will be going to school all summer and won't have a chance to shoot! :hmm:

SS Get the one you like. I was always going to get a Tull De Chase, but never did. You must get your love of the doubles from my dad as he owned them and hunt and shot trap with them. I used them off and on, always shot more shells with the double. PP Dilly

You will have to dig down inside of yorself on this one my friend, either go with that which is known ans likes or that which is unknown and open a door to,another world of shooting/hunting, BTW if historical correctness is of any value use caution when choosing a French Fusil, most ready mades fall rather short in this department enjoy which ever direction you choose.

Personally I'd opt for the Beretta in .20 or even .28. I know thats no help to the question... :hmm: Go with the over/under in .12 and scour the used classifieds for the flint smoothie you want. You will find a wider choice of quaility flintlock smoothbores than that of Beretta shotguns. As well the resale value will be better and you will find a larger target market for the O/U if you do ever need to turn it.

Snow

Without hesitation get the Beretta. I love muzzle loaders but this isn't a tough choice!

Latest posts

Back