• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cookson owners ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is one pictured in Merrill Lindsay's "THE NEW ENGLAND RIFLE". Of course I'm sure you know only the lock was made by Cookson, the rest of the gun was made by a New England gunsmith reusing the old Cookson lock which was used originally on a far earlier gun.

see this tread
http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/238540/
Here is a pic of one compared to full size battle rifles of known proportions. Now relax :grin:
imagesCAWFP2RP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help guys
I thought, I could find at least 10 people who owned one,
Maybe I am the only one who will have one in south central P.A.
Deutsch

Here's another one. I have no idea who this guy is but, This this looks way too gaumy for anything Id want. Plus I hate curry guns.
Thexwinner.jpg

What personal experience do you have with Curry Guns that turned to hate against them.
What for instance. Did you have one blow up on you, are the locks ,barrels made from soft metal. The critical parts that should be are not case hardened. What?

Save me from taking the plunge on the double flint..
Twice.

Twice boom said:
What personal experience do you have with Curry Guns that turned to hate against them.
What for instance. Did you have one blow up on you, are the locks ,barrels made from soft metal. The critical parts that should be are not case hardened. What?

Save me from taking the plunge on the double flint..
Twice.
They are cartoon charictures of the guns they are supposed to represent. Yes, they don't cost much, but there is a reason for that, you get exactly what you pay for. VERY shoddy craftsmanship, fit and finish and design are not up to American standards.

Thanks Mike. Any known blow ups. I asked because someone commented or asking if the barrels are made from common water pipes.
Assuming they are Made in India ,they should be proofed for export, right?
Twice.

I have handled bunches of them.. every now and again someone will bring one by for a bit of tweaking.. From personal experience I do not like them. Like Mike said they are cartoon characters. Teak like wood and very poor inletting.. barrels not properly seated at the breech and so on. I never have seen one blow up, but then again I have never been around anyone that has shot one. I do know that the barrels are too heavy, and the over all guns are clunky with 1/4" and thicker web between the barrel and the ramrod channel.. so even trying to slender one down has its limitations. These guns do not carry or handle well for me and only represent themselves as to what they are supposed to be. :v

I have just discovered I can make a nicer gun than Sanji.
This is me
003-6.jpg

009-2.jpg

this is Sanji the gun guy.
GunShop_Panorama1ss.jpg

In all seriousness I agree with mike :shocked2: and roy. I have not heard of one going kaboom instead of bang. Its just that I have seen the so called cookson fowler up close and it is twice the size of the gun it supposed to represent. Im no dainty flower but I prefer slender and petit.

Thanks for the photo
I hope mine will be here soon
and the fit and finish is better than I have heard
I will tweak it
I have been makeing springs for 20 years and can fix almost anything thats broke
So we will wait and see.... I will post on what they send me
Deutsch

Wow! And I thought my bench was a mess. I ran and got my honey so she could see that I'm not "the sloppiest guy in the country" - but almost. :rotf:

Oh I believe ya! When my bench is a mess I know where everything is buried. :haha: The minute I clean it up, I can't find a damn thing! :rotf:

That's nothin you ought to see my bench it has a dissasembled horse tiller bullet casting stuff along with about 50 assorted tools, and a laced wyndote rooster whenever he decides to visit.

Back