• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Double Horn Strap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregC

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello. I have previously carried my main horn attached to my bag with my priming horn around my neck. I am not happy with this set up anymore and would like to carry my horns on a separate strap.

Can anyone provide pictures of a separate horn strap set up to carry both main horn and prime horn?

Thanks

I carried my horn on a seperate strap for years and liked the setup. I also have carried my horn attached to the hunting bag strap and found it to be about equal in ease of use. I did like the freedom to carry the bag or horn seperatly, just a little more convenient sometimes. I always used a priming horn carried loose in the bag so I can't help you there but most pictures I have seen with two horns on one strap had the priming horn above and parallel to the main horn and attached at both ends (neck and base plug). This always seemed that it might make it awkward to use the priming horn but I can't say from experience. I did modify a priming horn I have to attach to a strap by the neck and base plug and thought I would carry it using a strap of it's own but never have yet.

I carry my main powder horn and priming horn on the same strap that I purchased from October Country: OC Flintlock Powder Horn Strap- Double Carry 495

OC Flintlock Powder Horn Strap

I have found it works great and I put my pan brush and touch hole pick on it along with a single powder measure. I like it. It is very easy to use and convenient. Everything is there in one place. Wish I had a picture for you.

Back