• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

GM .62 Rifled

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got home from out of town and my lovely bride (aka better 2/3's) said that a package came in the mail. It was the GM .62 smoothie flinter barrel that was sent to Mr. Hoyt for rifling.
Mr. Hoyt did real good.

I bet you'll love it !!

My mid-range load for the deer woods was:

100grns Goex 2F
.62cal Oxyoke pre-lubed wad
.018" pillow ticking
.600" cast ball

Another thing if this is your first GM drop-in barrel...IMO...I thought the GM vent liners in all mine were kind of poor.
I tossed them in the trash and replaced them with TC's improved liners

Yes...that hex well seems to serve as a large funnel...even the outer edge of the hex well, and the bottom end of it have a radius...the outer to catch more fire, the inner to start directing into the large .070" vent hole itself.

Extremely fast ignition and are apparently self-cleaning from the back blast blowing back out of the vent...ie: I never use a vent pick, don't even carry one. A package of 2 vents sells for around $4-5 bucks.

I think they became available at some suppliers too, but to be certain I'd get the right ones (not the old style) I orded mine from TC customer service

Back