• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Recommended 'Knife Kits'?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenfilthie

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I am developing a split personality here. I see the fellers making their own muzzleloaders from kits - and I am going to do that too - but I saw that post of Nifeman's with that perfect little folder knife...and I wonder if they offer beginner kits for PC knives? I would like to ultimately have a patch knife, a fighter and a hunter...but I don't want to go round collecting metal from fallen meteors, and having the blade forged by spooky Tibetan monks over volcanic fires under a full moon...I would just like a reasonably priced blade.

Can you guys recommend a source for what I am looking for? Any web links are sincerely appreciated.

I don't recall who it was but I thought it was hilarious...
There's a site where they list a PC "knife kit" for sale. It includes an old file and a chunk of wood. :haha:

Jethro224 said:
There's a site where they list a PC "knife kit" for sale. It includes an old file and a chunk of wood. :haha:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

GF, it's not that hard. He77, I'm a stroke victim and I can do it.
BTW, I do have Sherpa blood in my veins :thumbsup: ...Nifeman

Grey Whiskers said:
I know Wick Ellerbe sells some quality knife kits. Probably havta send him a PT. GW
I agree, I have seen his kits firsthand, They are as good of quality as the knives he makes. He also takes the kit to the point anybody could finish it and have a good quality knife.
So easy a caveman could do it! :wink:

Ya ya I have his site bookmarked. :haha: Just never saw anything that said knife kit...I had to be pointed to it. :youcrazy: :haha:

Durn Wick, you didn't even have to defend yerself. The boy is his own worst enemy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ron

Jethro224 said:

Actually I make all of my knifes from such "kits" though some times I use a piece of antler instead of wood.
004.jpg

Back