• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for a shoot June 24-27 Out West

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys, I need a little help. Trying to find a shoot on the weekend of June 24-27 somewhere between Prairie Du Chien, Wisconsin and Riverton, Wyoming. I'm planning to hit "Fur Trade Days" at the Museum of the Fur Trade in Chadron, Wyoming on the way back from the 1838 Rendezvous in Riverton, but I need something to do the weekend between.

Any thoughts from you folks in Nebraska, Iowa, maybe South Dakota or maybe northern Colorado?

[email protected]

Thanks a bunch, y'all

Hey, fantastic Stumblinbufller... We'll see you at the Chadron Fur Trade Days. Great! Look forward to meeting you in person. It's a great doin's, no doubt about it! Maybe 'ol Rollingb will be there and we three can volunteer as food tasting judges... (That's how Rollingb and I et two years ago... :haha: :haha: :haha:)

Look forward to seein' you! :thumbsup:

I'm planning to hit "Fur Trade Days" at the Museum of the Fur Trade in Chadron, Wyoming

Now Stumblin,..... I know you ain't "lost" ,.... but, ya mite be'a "bit confused" !!!!!.... :applause: :crackup: ::

"Chadron",.... is located in Nebraska territory!! :thumbsup: :crackup:

YMHS
rollingb

Glenrock WY has a nice shoot on that weekend and is on your way to riverton. Use your search on your computer and type in WSMLA and the State web site will show up and you can get more particulars there. I"ll be there.

Ohio Joe,

Howdy from Hot Springs, SD. Just thought I'd run by ya that the Battle Mountain Muzzleloaders are having their 4th Spring rendezvous just outside of Hot Springs (an hour north from Chadron, Nebraska) on June 3, 4 & 5, 2005. I posted about it on page 1 of this forum. Stop on by if ya can...family and friends welcome.

Take care,

White Shadow (Ginny Rankin)
Vice Pres. Battle Mountain Muzzleloaders
[email protected]

White Shadow,

I'll sure try and get up there for a visiting day, maybe even check my schedule and bring along my shelter and possibles... Sounds like a good time to be had! Chances are I probably know some of ye? Thanks for the invite! :thumbsup:

You're welcome--look forward to having ya. And boy, there are a lot of good folks in the Chadron area. We were talking with Marv at Bow-Mar two days ago (he's gonna include our rendezvous flyer in the next newsletter). We met Badger Bob a few years ago when he and my husband were giving mountain man demos at Wind Cave's 100th anniversary. And of course, Red Donker. He'll be missed.
I'll be at Fur Trading Days in Chadron come July--I paint moutain men, trappers and wild animals on deer and elk hides.

If you'd like me to send you a flyer, which includes a map of our range/rendezvous site, just holler.

Thanks and take it easy,

White Shadow
[email protected]

Thanks White Shadow,

Badger Bob, oh yes... He lives just across town from me. The loss of Red Donker sure left a void in our lives, that's for sure! He touched a lot of folks with his kindness and that was evident from all the friends that turned out for his send off. He is truly missed!

I would sure like to get a flyer. I'll make a copy of it and post it in our window at work.

I expect you probably know, Top Knot, Blue, and the gang, as well as Dutch and Steve Donker?

I'll PM you my address. Thanks! Hope to see you in June! :thumbsup:

Ohio Joe,

My husband, Gray Wolf, may have met some you mentioned. I'll have to ask and see what he remembers. All the more reason for all of us to rendezvous.

Flyer--I can send it by email if you have a printer or snail mail it to ya. Bow-Mar and the gun shop in Chadron have the flyers too.

We'll see ya there,

White Shadow

White Shadow,

my email is; [email protected]

Thank you!

Have you checked out the TMA Forum yet? As one of the Founders, I hope to promote this new and exciting Association at Fur Trade Days this year.

If you would like to help promote the TMA it would be most welcome! Please, take a look at the new Forum. It is something I believe you will find that will help preserve our muzzleloading heritage! :thumbsup:

Ohio Joe,

I will send you our flyer right away and I'm going to check out TMA right now. Anything which helps promote the values of the mountain men and women, we are all for. I know our club has expressed an interest in rendezvousing outside of Chadron with you folks this coming summer. If you've got any info about your rendezvous send it to me and I'll copy off and distribute to our members.

Thanks again,

White Shadow
Battle Mountain Muzzleloaders
[email protected]

Our blanket we send out has not been distributed as yet. I can tell you the dates however; July 7, 8, 9, 10... We have another meeting coming up on March 13th at our site. I'll sure bring it up to Norm that you need a flyer!

Joe,

Just to let you know we talked about Fur Trading Days and your rendezvous at our last meeting and several members want to attend. Matter of fact a few have in the past and they were describing your beautiful camp setting. Be sure to send the info so I can get it to our folks and if ya want we can post a few flyers around town for ya.

Thanks again and look forward to seein' all of ya in June.

White Shadow

Thanks White Shadow,

Soon as those flyers get printed I'll make sure you get the word, and a copy! Hope to catch up with some of you folks in June, and July! :thumbsup:

Back