• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Log Cabin in Lodi, OH

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Gardner

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Been spending a lot of time in Ohio this year and it looks like I'll be spending a lot more over the next few months. I am going to buy a GPR and am wondering if the Log Cabin normally carries a pretty good inventory. I realize that I could save $100 by buying from MidSouth, but I want to be able to pick out a gun with a nice stock and I want help replacing the adjustible sight with the fixed that comes with the gun and get a little help sighting it in.

Who know about the Log Cabin and can tell me how strong their inventory of GPRs is?

Thanks

Doublegun:

You might just want to give Dan Kindig a call and ask him. I don't know their inventory (I get there about half a dozen times a year) but I'll tell you this: They have one of the finest collections of Pennsylvania/Ohio/Kentucky longrifles you'll come upon this side of the Smithsonian. If you're in Ohio, it's worth the trip. :imo:

I've never been to Ohio, but Log Cabin from Lodi makes the 1000+ mile trip to the Western National shoot here in Phoenix Arizona every year.
benaverys8.jpg

They sure had a good assortment of Flints, Ramrod blanks, Books, and darn everything else a person could want. :)

The Log Cabin Shop is a real gem. The Kindigs really believe in and support the muzzleloading community and the NMLRA. They always have a good inventory and if they don't have it they will find it for you. Definetely stop by and check them out. I've always given them my business because "Wally World" will never carry the historically accurate pieces you can find with retailers like the Kindigs.

:thumbsup:

IrishJim,
I visit the Log Cabin at a minimum of 2 Saturdays a month. Many times I have found things either on-line or in catalogs then I go shopping at the Log Cabin. I may pay a little more, but you know, I like the idea of supporting a local business.

I have had shooting issues and these guys have help me. Their gunsmith, Oz, even fixed my lock one time and there was no charge. Can't get this from the books.

I may not buy something every time I go, but I spend at least an hour in the back room looking at their collection of firearms. In the winter it is nice because they have the big fireplace going. The nice smell of the wood burning in the fireplace and looking at their firearms on a cold Saturday in January, doesn't get much better.

They have gone hi-tech, try http://www.logcabinshop.com/ then check the on line store. You won't be disappointed. :m2c:

Sincerely,
AJ/OH

I started doing business with them over the phone/online about 5 years ago and they get about 95% of my business. It's only when they can't get what I need that I'm forced to go somewhere else. Give them a call and let them know what you're looking for. If they don't have it, they'll most likely get it. :redthumb:

Scott/Ne

I called the shop this PM and was told that they always have a pretty good inventory and that they would help me find the gun I want. I could not ask for more. I may take my .50 Plains with me to see if they can fit a .58 barrel for it.

I could buy a GPR for aprox $100 less at Mid-South, but what good would that do any of us. I don't care if you are a deer hunter, bird hunter, coon hunter or fly-fisher, shops like this are gems and we should do our part to keep the fire burning.

I'll post a note after I get there, which I hope is sooner, rather than later.

Doublegun,
I`m new at this so could you tell me what is a GPR?
Would that mean Great Plains Rifle?
GreyFox

Doublegun,
I`m new at this so could you tell me what is a GPR?
Would that mean Great Plains Rifle?
GreyFox

Yep, GPR is an acronym for the Great Plains Rifle...

Back to Lodi, I have been to the Log Cabin Shop many times, I must say, you could over-dose on all of the muzzleloader goodies they have in that building...

Went there last summer while I was visiting my mom in Akron. I had never heard of the place when I used to live in Ohio before joining the service (1975). Best muzzleloading shop I have ever seen, bar none!

He has some of nearly everything you could want, and will stand there and answer all of your "dumb" questions for hours too boot! :master:

I have not yet had the pleasure of actually going there in person but I do order from them online exclusively.They are simply fantastic!You wont go wrong w/ the Log Cabin Shop!

Last spring we flew from L.A. to New York and Ohio to see families. The one requirement I had out of the whole trek was a side trip to Lodi. I hadn't been to the store since I was a kid, but I remembered it. 3,000 miles wasn't too far!

Doublegun- If you are going to the Kalamzaoo gun show this weekend at the Kalamazoo County Fairgrounds the Log Cabin Shop usually has a sizeable booth set up. As I recall they bring along a good assortment of guns, books, etc.

:thumbsup:

Nice shop to visit. Their one gallery museum is outstanding. What a fine collection of guns, tools and powder containers.

Say, can anyone stop by and take a snapshot of that gun with the shade (light blocker) on it?

I'll give it try, Gary....I need to get over there and get some stuff, so I'll take a few pics.

Back