• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Very good customer service from Track of the Wolf

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ike1518

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently received an order from Track of the Wolf that contained a 100 count bag of 2 inch cleaning patches. I ordered 2 1/2 inch patches, among some other things. I emailed them about the mistake and they replied almost right away and said to keep the wrong bag and that they'd send the right one out the next day.

No, it wasn't a very costly item, but they dealt with it as I would have done. I give them an A+. This is very good customer service and I thought it should be mentioned.

Ya they do a good job of fixing screw-up's.
Do me a favor, take a look at your packing list.
Who filled the order? Dave?

I've had excellent service from TOW when the items are in stock but don't go the "backorder" route w/ them....Fred

necchi said:
Necchi,

I'll check when I get home after work today.

I've always had absolutely great customer service from TOTW. The best!

track has always been top notch co at fiving any of there mistakes but again back orders I will never do with them

Mostly good service. One time...not so good.

I wouldn't buy a gun kit from them unless they guaranteed all the parts were in stock.

I don't think they ever have a gun kit completely in stock. I have tried to buy several, actually many, and not one was availible with all it's parts.

What good is part, or even most, of a kit? They shouldn't even advertise them!

ike1518 said:
necchi said:
Necchi,

I'll check when I get home after work today.
Necchi,

Picked by - Greg.
Invoiced by - David.
Packed by - left blank.

Ive placed about 4 orders through them and the stuff always arrives correct and always arrives faster than expected, only one I find any faster is Midway

I got a stock from them when I built my Schreyer, and it was cracked at the butt. They were so nice to tell me how to repair it. :cursing: But now that I find out they get their stocks from Pecatonica, I'm even more pi$$ed. It should have never passed inspection at that price. :surrender:

Is there another supplier that doesnt have the same issues from time to time? Shipping cost is outrageous? Better check what it costs to ship a rifle these days.

An item in a kit that's usually out of stock at TOW is the precarve and a short to moderate wait is normal. Stocking precarves is a tricky business because of the warping and twisting if the stock sits on the shelf for any length of time. A few yrs back I ordered a kit from TOW and everything arrived in 2 wks...but the precarve was badly warped and twisted so everything was shipped back for a full refund. Talked to the owner and he said that's what happens if precarves are stocked for any length of time. Buying a kit from a supplier that does their own stock profiling will get you a "fresh" precarve that hasn't deformed because it will be shipped shortly after profiling....Fred

I've ordered from them three times and they only got the order correct once.

My last three orders from them have been spot on. Not a problem one. Excellent resonpse to emails with questions and their suggested items and off the order went and it was shipped the same day.

Thanks Track of the Wolf!

DNICK said:
I've ordered from them three times and they only got the order correct once.

That is unfortunate and I hope that you are not soured on the company. I have ordered from them twelve times or so and have never had a mistake made on my order.

Necchi,

Picked by - Greg.
Invoiced by - David.
Packed by - left blank.

That's a suprise. Greg is my go too man in the shop, Johns a close second.
If Dave comes up I just tell him I'm browsing until someone else show's.
God Bless Dave, he's the owner, but some day's he's got alot on his mind.

I always ask if the parts I'm ordering are in stock. If not, I don't order them. They Generally always have everything I need, but I usually just get small stuff from them, nothing like a kit.

Back