• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another First ML Deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sepiatone

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I finally got a deer with my muzzleloader! I have been shooting it exclusively for the past 4 years but have only hunted with it the past 2 years. During the past couple years, the only deer I would see were either too far or not legal. This year, my father and I were fortunate enough to draw a muzzleloader public land tag here in Texas, which was a 3 day hunt.
I shot this doe at 45 yards with my flintlock using 75 grains of FFFg, .490 round ball, .018 patch with a 6:1 ballistol mixture. The ball completely passed through”¦ deer ran about 30 yards then dropped.
My father and I were the only ones using traditional muzzleloaders”¦the other 9 hunters in camp were using those other rifles.

0103111646.jpg

:thumbsup: cONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST,MY THERE BE MANY MORE :applause:GRIZ

Thanks guys! Taking this doe was more exhilarating and more rewarding than going after a trophy buck with a modern cartridge rifle. I'll be after #2 next season!

Congrats on your first BP kill! The satisfaction of doing it with flint is even better.

Back