• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

G'day from the Northern Territory

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

32 Cal.
Reaction score
G'day Steve here just bought a 2nd hand muzzleloader. I'm an Armourer in the Royal Australian Air Force (also ex Army) so I have a pretty good understanding and working knowledge of most firearms. I'm a keen hunter and shooter with most of my shooting getting done with Lee Enfields (a No 1 MkIII and a No5 Jungle Carbine) so the M/L world is new to me and I look forward to learning about and shooting these ol' smoke poles.

Steve

:hatsoff: Welcome aboard Steve,i don't think you could find a better site for learning about ML.These guy's on here know their stuff.Welcome to the world of smoke.Griz

Welcome Steve. With your experience you will be a welcome addition here. You can learn from the forum members and we can learn from you.

G'day mate. I have some mates from down under
both are experianced hunters and have been in Alberta Canada for at least 15 years... and they still sound alot like Aussies! Welcome to the group. (I joined yesterday.)
I served in the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps and worked with Australias' 2 Cav on an exchange program many years ago.

Yes Fosters is a terrible beer and I can't think of one person I know that drinks it here in Oz, I'm pretty sure its just a gimmick beer that we hock off to the rest of the world as "Aussie" LOL.

My time in the Army was spent in RAEME as a Fitter/Armourer and my last unit was 2/14 Light Horse Regt where I was 25mm qualified and ASLAV driver qualified so I have a pretty good knowledge of the Cav world (I loved my ASLAV!)

Thanks all for the warm welcome and I look forward to learning a lot from everyone here.

Welcome to the MLF Steve! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here on the site. Pull up a stump and share some tales with us all.

G'day, Steve! Glad you're here. Welcome to the strange & wonderful world of front-stuffers!

Welcome from a U.S Army National Guard armorer to another Nations armorer. I'm sure that you will find that muzzleloader firearms is an artform all to its self. They are nothing like todays firearms used in the military. If you have any questions there is a world of knowledge here to help. So have a seat and fill up yer tin cup as the coffees jest finished boiling.

Welcome aboard to our Brother from Down Under! I'm sure you will come to love muzzleloading as we all do. Plenty of knowledge here to help you along so enjoy the forum and keep yer powder dry!
Bps

G'day Steve, welcome, good to see another Aussie joining up. If you're ever in Adelaide you should visit Southern Ranges Blackpowder club, a real friendly group. I've been shooting black powder off and on for twenty years and have learned so much more in short time I've been shooting with them. What type of muzzleloader do you shoot? Cheers.

Hi and welcome; an Army type based in Brisbane here. A few other Aussies around on this forum.

welcome aboard .303, glad to have you here. lot of good folks with good info on this forum. jump in anytime. WK1

Ijust bought a CVA Blazer, not a traditional M/L but it only cost me $100 and if I enjoy shooting it I'll buy a Traditional M/L kit and build my own.

I'm sure that the CVA will be enjoyable, but once you've experienced a traditonal muzzleloader, there will be no way back. It gets under your skin. I'm sure that you feel a connection with the WW1 and WW2 diggers when you handle and fire your 303's, its the same type of connection, only its a 100 to 200 years connection..

Sorry to be a party-pooper, but our hyper regulative Government won't currently allow the kits into the country. You have to buy them ready made, unless you can find one already done. Very galling. I guess they are worried about a massacre. :bull:

Welcome to the MLF,great to have you with us.
Quite a few of your countrymen visit here.
Hope you will visit and contribute often.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Back