• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T.V.M.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffg

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I'am just curious to know if anyone has seen a rifle built by tennessee valley muzzleloaders. I'am thinking of having a leman plains rifle made for me,and a friend of mine had mentioned them. Any input would be great. thanks ffg

I had TVM build a .58cal Virginia rifle in 2009, a .62cal Virginia smoothbore this year 2010, and currently have a 3rd Virginia in the queue for an early 2011 delivery. Good quality results and they stand behind their work.

Here's my .54 cal Leman Matt made for me.

100_3101.jpg

100_3103.jpg

It would appear that they are excellent craftsmen!

They're just the best! :bow:

PS.

Your rifle is gorgeous!

Thanks, that leman is a real beauty, is that the best fancy maple they offer, and i cant tell from the picture is the metal browned or antiqued,I asked them about tiger stripes the way some old lemans where, they told me they dont do that, but looking at the grain in your fine rifle you dont need it stripped

Yeah she is right purty ain't she! Thanks fellas. The stock is a premium+ and the iron is browned.

You CANNOT go wrong in your choice of tvm. Matt an Toni are great people an build a great product. Post some pics when you finally get it in. :thumbsup:

Are you sold yet? You can't go wrong with a TVM. There are many fine builders out there, and TVM is one of'em.

Yes i'am Mike, i spoke with a very nice women named toni today and put my order in for .58 cal leman flintlock, she is sending me pictures of lemans with and without patchboxes, browned or aged metal, brass or iron, just to get an idea of what i want.Whatever i choose, she said it will take about 4 to 6 months to get, from what ive seen of their work it will be worth the wait

Look for my .58 Leman 38" Rice from Matt in the photo section topic #247432 post#866868 not too sure how to link it myself..Go with the late ketland chambers roundes off at the tail fantastic lock easy on flints glad I did..Ray
Copy2ofDSC_0636_206.jpg

Thanks fellas, when i get it back in a couple of months i will post pictures, i hope my leman comes out as nice as both yours

Iam having this .58 cal leman made for me at TVM, and i keep throwing around in my my mind to have them cut the barrel down to 32" from 36" to make the gun alittle lighter and more maneuvable for hunting, the barrel they use is a green mountain, does anyone think it might effect the accuracy

My 38"rice barrel Leman comes in at 8 1/2 lbs..A touch nose heavy but easy to carry and walk through the woods or hunting .. Was almost gonna go with the 36" length but glad I went with the 38.. Has won all four matches/woodswalks I have shot it at ,super accurate and VERY steady offhand compared to a 32" TC I used to shoot with..Ray

Back