• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

blue ridge rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I got a blue ridge rifle flinter. what type of gun is it. like southern mountian kentucky style or? just wondering.

There's a whole story behind it, which most people don't believe. The design is from the Hatfield Rifle Company which was around from the late 70's to the early 90's. Pedersoli picked up the rifle after Hatfield went out of business. The CEO of Hatfield said the rifle was was based on a rifle that was built in his family in the past. (The infamous Hatfield and McCoys). I guess he never had any real documentation to back that up.
I have one, and I like it alot. Too bad the barrel isn't pinned. I've changed mine a bit so it isn't immediately recognized as a Pedersoli.
I used it at the 48th Annual Interstate Flintlock Shoot and did pretty well for myself. Let us know how it performs!

hallo Trench. dont mean to hijack the thread but, how did you change the appearance of yours? i've thought about putting some fake pins in the stock. it seems like a alot bs'in around though.

I have 2 of them and they shoot great! My flinter shoots better that my Encore for groups. They might not be PC so to speak and others will say so but they are great shooters and that is all that matters to me, on paper and on deer.

Mine is .36 caliber. It has screws that are thru holes in the brass ramrod tubes instead of pins. As it was discussed before the rifle's style is most similar to Ohio rifles after 1830 or 40. There are similar rifles on this site.... http://www.aolrc.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
well I can hit paper with it still getting used to the slower lock time. and I wiggle alot :haha: but it's fun to shoot.

rawhide said:
well I can hit paper with it still getting used to the slower lock time. and I wiggle alot :haha: but it's fun to shoot.

It took me a while to learn how to shoot off-hand with a flintlock. You really have to put ALL the principles of marksmanship to work. Now, it's my best shooting rifle off-hand.

ya I shot it off the bench and wow she's does nice groups! still getting used to her...

Latest posts

Back