• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

oregon m.l.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I wish oregon had more to offer in muzzleloader controlled hunting.Washington has a general muzzleloader season. Seems they cater more to the archers. Is there a muzzleloader association in oregon?

I don't think you got the answer you wanted. It's a little hard for me to figure out who represents the ML hunters here in Oregon. ARPC has over 1600 members and monthly shoots for ML's. You might give Mike McCarter (executive director) a call. Joe Williams at Oregon Gunworks in Springfield might offer answers. Let me know what you find out.

I was always to understand that you could use a "proper" ML during any of the regular rifle hunts, general season and numerous controlled hunts. I may be wrong, maybe!
..and I am from Oregon.

Right Brett, at least that's the way it was at one time. My first deer hunt with a muzzleloader was during the rifle season in Oregon, but that was in 1978. However, I do believe it's the same today, you can hunt during the general season with a muzzleloader if you choose. I am not at all familiar with ML only seasons in Oregon anymore, all my relatives there are bowhunters. Hope this helps. Bill

If I don't draw a muzzleloader tag I hunt the general season with a muzzleloader. If you draw a muzzleloader tag you have to use a traditional style rifle (no inlines)w/open ignition and iron sights. This year the fiber optic sights are allowed!

You can use any muzzleloader (scoped inline, traditional, etc) during any rifle hunt.

You can use an inline on a designated muzzleloader hunt but it has to meet the restrictions, ie open ignition, no pellets, sabots, centerfire primers etc...

I've used my flintlocks to take a couple of bear over the last few years during the general bear season. Weather is better, nobody is hunting anything else yet and the trout are biting.

Oregon doesn't have an "Oregon Muzzleloading Association" that I'm aware of. There is a state shooting organization (OSSA) that could be considered an umbrella organization, but they rarely even mention muzzleloaders.

Back