• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another PA Member

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericb

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings from Port Matilda (Near State College). Signed on as member ysterday, and posted on Smoothbore Forum this morning. For those who didn't see it, my first Blackpowder experience was when I was 11/12 yrs. old in the mid 60's. Neighbor loaned me original 1795 .69 Springfield he had buried in his closet - bought a mold from Dixie & cast Balls from Wheel Weights using one of Mom's gravy ladles & Dad's Coleman Camp Stove. Shot the heck out of that Musket, and cried when I had to give it back. Been pretty much a Blackpowder Guy my whole life; Current Rifle is an old Navy Arms Harper's Ferry, which I refitted with a Getz Barrel soon after I got it. Rifle has 23 Deer to it's credit (not all trophies mind you). Just took possesion of Pedersoli Charleville - see Smoothbore Post. Did an informal apprenticeship with an old German Gunsmith - high point of which was making 2 Jaeger Rifles from scratch. Hand forged and filed every piece of metal on those, excepting Barrels, which we tapered and swamped by hand. Great experience, but I do not for a moment pretend to be a Master Buchsemacher. Looking forward to viewing the Member Chit-Chat, and even posting myself once in a while.

Eric

A South Texas welcome to the camp :thumbsup:.
Am looking forward to your postings, hopefully more than "once in a while."

Welcome to the MLF from Wyoming Eric! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here on the site. Pull up a stump and contribute when you can.

Thanx Guys. And Parson, to tell a Secret, although I was raised a Son of Virginia, who has Hailed from PA since 6th grade...I was actually born in Austin, where I spent the first 3 years of my life. I do remember Tornados....

Welcome to the forum. SC Pa. here. this is the place to learn all there is about BP. Great site, hope you enjoy it.

BiggDogg - My wife is from Irwin. I was on ConRail for a long time; used to run coal trains - Altoona to Shire Oaks, then to Waynesburg, then to the Coal Fields in West Va. Never saw so many Turkey in my life...

Thanx LongBow. Hunting with a Longbow was closest I got to Religion for a long time. I'm a FlintKnapper - on a good day can make a decent Clovis (on a good day) Spend a lotta time with the Atlatl now. I can remember when I was the only one in the Woods with a Flintlock....when I was a kid shooting that .69 Springfield folks would stop and take pictures...

Welcome to the 4um. I'm sure that you'll enjoy/learn a bucket load of stuff here. Hope that you'll share some of your knowledge also. I have been to Port Matilda a number of times (Lion Country Supply). Real nice country out there.
Vern

Ancient One - When I was laid off in the Winters from the Railroad I used to work for Bucky at Lion Country. I mighta sold you some Worms....

Welcome from Wisconsin! Sounds like you have lots of practical experience and could share some with us.

:hatsoff:
Would never keep being from Texas a secret though :nono: . . . but being from Austin?... welllllll :rotf: :wink:
Again, welcome

Back